How to Apply
A cover letter is required for consideration for this position and should be attached as the first page of your resume. The cover letter should address your specific interest in the position and outline skills and experience that directly relate to this position.
The Department of Psychiatry, in conjunction with the Department of Pediatrics, is seeking a full- time clinical master's level social worker for the Michigan Medicine Comprehensive Eating Disorders Program.
This full- time position is for a Monday-Friday shift that may include working some evening hours. The job duties include providing clinical care in the Partial Hospital/Intensive Out-patient programs (PHP/IOP) for adolescents and young adults with eating disorders. The eating disorder program utilizes an evidence-based treatment model in family-based therapy (the Maudsley Approach). The candidate will be expected to follow this model and be receptive to further training in this modality. The candidate will also use other psychotherapeutic modalities for eating disorders including cognitive behavioral therapy and dialectical behavior therapy.
The social worker will also be required to maintain a separate caseload evaluating and treating out-patients and their families. Candidates with clinical skills in family therapy, individual therapy, group therapy and partial hospital settings will be prioritized.
- Master's degree in Social Work from an accredited School of Social Work
- Unrestricted and current license in the State of Michigan
- Two years of post-MSW clinical experience treating young people with eating disorders and other mental health conditions using evidence-based models. Out-patient child therapy experience is required.
- Previous work in multidisciplinary, medical settings
- Experience with cognitive-behavioral therapy and dialectical behavioral therapy.
Social Worker MSW Sr.
- The above requirements as well as advancement through the career ladder at the Expert or Clinical Scholar Level is required for placement in the Senior Classification.
This position may be underfilled at a lower classification depending on the qualifications of the selected candidate. Advancement through the career ladder at the Expert or Clinical Scholar Level is required for placement in the MSW Senior Classification
Michigan Medicine conducts background screening and pre-employment drug testing on job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent job offer and may use a third party administrator to conduct background screenings. Background screenings are performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Report Act.
Under Michigan law, a criminal history check including fingerprinting is required as a condition of transfer or employment for this position.
Job openings are posted for a minimum of seven calendar days. This job may be removed from posting boards and filled anytime after the minimum posting period has ended.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.