- Greet patients arriving for clinic visits, verify appointment status and process electronic check-in and check-out ensuring patient completeness of necessary documentation.
- Screen, route and respond to phone inquiries from patients, staff, referring physicians and the public.
- Schedule and reschedule appointments in MiChart, document as appropriate. Prepare patient itinerary and all other appropriate correspondence. Provide patient with appropriate educational/preparation information for appointment.
- Obtain and verify patient registration demographic information and obtain accurate patient insurance information, updating as necessary by contacting the registration department for patient.
- Call patients to remind them of upcoming appointments.
- Collect cash and credit card payments from patients using established guidelines to determine patient pay portion and provide receipt of payment.
- Reconcile clinic cash collections daily according to specified clinic standards.
- Work directly with physicians and nurses regarding patient concerns/issues/questions
- Adheres to high standards of teamwork by demonstrating adaptability, flexibility and consistently shares information and resources with others.
- Documented history of excellent attendance and punctuality.
- Effective time management skills/consistently uses available time effectively.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (e.g. ability to provide and receive Constructive feedback, seeks constructive approaches to resolving workplace issues).
- Strong attention to detail.
- Works well with minimal supervision.
- High school diploma or GED.
- 0-2 years of experience.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and the ability to work well in a team setting.
- Demonstrates active listening, written, verbal and information technology skills.
- Working knowledge of MiChart (Cadence, EpicCare).
- Familiarity with medical terminology.
- Experience in a health care environment.
- Experience working within a large, complex health care setting.
- Knowledge of university policies & procedures.
Days Monday – Friday hrs may vary 7:30am – 6:30pm
Must be able to work at least two late days
Michigan Medicine conducts background screening and pre-employment drug testing on job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent job offer and may use a third party administrator to conduct background screenings. Background screenings are performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Report Act.
Job openings are posted for a minimum of seven calendar days. This job may be removed from posting boards and filled anytime after the minimum posting period has ended.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.