How to Apply
A cover letter is required for consideration for this position and should be attached as the first page of your resume. The cover letter should address your specific interest in the position and outline skills and experience that directly relate to this position.
APPLICATION SUBMISSION REQUIREMENTS
The confidential review of applications will occur as they are received and continue until the position is filled.
A cover letter and curriculum vitae must be uploaded online via the http://careers.umich.edu/search/ (U-M Careers website) for Job ID #144895.
In addition to applying online, applicants are requested to send the following to the Office of Human Resources – Pediatric Nursing, University of Michigan, School of Nursing, 400 N. Ingalls, Suite 1349, Ann Arbor, MI 48109-5482 (hard copy materials) or to email@example.com (electronic materials).
*Practice Scholarship statement that includes a statement of impact of his/her work in the first paragraph
*Copy of your highest earned degree and any licenses/certifications (if applicable)
*A list of a minimum of three (3) professional references with relevant contact information
*Three (3) letters of professional recommendation sent directly from those providing the reference to the address listed above or as an email attachment to firstname.lastname@example.org
*Three (3) to five (5) publications of your best work (usually peer-reviewed)
The University of Michigan, School of Nursing (UMSN), Office of Undergraduate Studies in the Undergraduate Program is seeking a highly productive faculty member, who is energized about their science and enthusiastic about educating and mentoring others. This individual will teach in the area of Pediatric Nursing and will provide excellence in clinical education. This position is full-time 9-month, and the successful candidate’s practice will be in a pediatric nursing setting inclusive of the Ann Arbor campus and/or the surrounding areas, including Detroit metro.
The clinical instructor hired will be a full-time member of the School of Nursing on the clinical track working with students and staff in practice. The selected candidate would provide clinical instruction to assigned students in collaboration with colleagues and clinical staff. Among the expectations for this position include provide supervision, feedback, and evaluation for student learning and performance; work with faculty in related courses to develop learning activities and student evaluation methods; work closely with specialty lead to monitor student performance and address clinical and student situations that arise; work in focused area of practice with clinical leaders and students on quality improvement, outcomes, and effectiveness; build on personal clinical practice and scholarship; participate in meetings and group activities that foster the advancement of education, scholarship, and practice within the school of nursing and clinical agencies. Diversity is highly valued and applications from members of groups underrepresented in nursing are encouraged.
The position is expected to be filled during 2017-2018. We are soliciting applications from emerging as well as established scholars. Applicants will be considered for the rank listed above, depending on experience and scholarly productivity. Applicants must have demonstrated expertise in the advance practice role.
- A Master's degree in pediatric nursing is required.
- A nursing license in the State of Michigan is required for this position (current licensure or willingness to obtain licensure).
- Prior to start date must be in compliance with all health requirements, orientations, licenses/certifications, policies and procedures both internal and external to the University for your assigned classroom(s) and/or clinical site(s).
- Desire work that engages in the educational mission, with progressive successful mastery of teaching skills, and developing scholarly activities
- Demonstrated high level competence in advanced clinical practice.
- Demonstrated excellent communication, networking and relationship building skills.
- Current clinical practice experience in an advanced practice role.
- Evidence of potential for clinical scholarship.
- Demonstrated ability to participate in the development and implementation of innovative curricular activities.
- A reputation among colleagues for outstanding achievements and recognized contributions in their field of expertise.
- Evidence of service in practice and professional organizations.
For more information about the U-M School of Nursing please see www.nursing.umich.edu.
The University of Michigan is a world-class research institution. The School of Nursing offers a range of accredited educational programs and is consistently ranked among the top schools of nursing in the country.
The University of Michigan conducts background checks on all job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent offer and may use a third party administrator to conduct background checks. Background checks will be performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Reporting Act.
For further information regarding this position please contact email@example.com
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.