How to Apply
A cover letter is required for consideration for this position and should be attached as the first page of your resume. The cover letter should address your specific interest in the position and outline skills and experience that directly relate to this position.
Department of Otolaryngology - Head and Neck Surgery is looking for an enthusiastic, reliable and service-oriented individual to be a part of our front desk/scheduling team. The individual in this role is expected to assist patients in our clinic and balance other daily responsibilities in a team-based setting.
- Provide excellent service to patients, providers and other internal stakeholders
- Schedule patient appointments
- Check in and Check out patients
- Ensure that patient demographics and other information is accurate and up-to-date
- Collect payments from patients
- Complete multiple tasks independently
- Assist with other operational tasks as necessary
- Interact with all Otolaryngology providers and staff respectfully and appropriately
- Problem solve independently and as a part of your team
- Perform other duties as needed
- Must have a high school diploma or GED and 0-2 years of experience in a health care setting
- Must be able to work in a team setting and have excellent communication skills
- Experience in a patient care setting
- Excellent attendance record
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and ability to handle multiple tasks
- Must demonstrate excellent customer service skills
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent combination of experience and education
- Previous experience working in an ambulatory setting
- Knowledge of Epic/MiChart
- Knowledge of Michigan Medicine/University of Michigan policies and procedures
Michigan Medicine conducts background screening and pre-employment drug testing on job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent job offer and may use a third party administrator to conduct background screenings. Background screenings are performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Report Act.
Michigan Medicine improves the health of patients, populations and communities through excellence in education, patient care, community service, research and technology development, and through leadership activities in Michigan, nationally and internationally. Our mission is guided by our Strategic Principles and has three critical components; patient care, education and research that together enhance our contribution to society.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.