- Metabolite extraction of animal and human bio-fluids and tissue.
- Basic chromatography and mass spectrometry data analysis.
- Maintenance of clear lab records and sample organization.
- Basic working knowledge of simple statistics, data management and ability to create bibliography, simple figures and tables.
- Basic molecular techniques like protein estimation, immunoblotting, immunohistochemistry, and qRT-PCR.
- Mice handling, colony maintenance, animal injections, blood and urine collection, animal euthanasia and tissue and bio-fluid collection.
- Essential cell culture techniques for maintenance of human and animal cell lines.
- Bachelor’s Degree.
- At least 2 years of experience in a research lab.
- Ability to use Excel and graphpad Prizm.
- Will need references on prior lab experience.
Michigan Medicine conducts background screening and pre-employment drug testing on job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent job offer and may use a third party administrator to conduct background screenings. Background screenings are performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Report Act.
Michigan Medicine improves the health of patients, populations and communities through excellence in education, patient care, community service, research and technology development, and through leadership activities in Michigan, nationally and internationally. Our mission is guided by our Strategic Principles and has three critical components; patient care, education and research that together enhance our contribution to society.
Job openings are posted for a minimum of seven calendar days. This job may be removed from posting boards and filled anytime after the minimum posting period has ended.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.