How to Apply
This is a "multiple-fill" job opening:
A total of three (3) full time, Registered Nurses will be hired to fill this job opening.
Hours & shifts are identical for all hires.
(see below for work schedule detail)
Provide nursing care in the specialty of FLOAT NURSING across Cardiovascular Medicine Special Programs.
Provide safe, effective and specialized nursing care in a variety of Ambulatory Care Cardiology clinic settings and programs both on-site and off-site. The programs are Anticoagulation, Pre and Post Heart Transplant, Heart Failure, CVM at Domino Farms and BW5 Cardiology, Brighton, Northville, Canton, Chelsea, Adult Congenital Heart, Pulmonary Hypertension, Cardiac Device clinic, CVC Echo lab, CVM CVC clinic.
Responsibilities include participation in cardiac testing with monitoring of patient response using excellent telemetry skills and ability to respond to emergent situations. Provide detailed patient and family education related to cardiac anatomy and physiology, disease prevention, treatments, medications and health maintenance. Involvement in telephone management of patient and family calls including detailed assessment and triage of emergent/urgent situations as needed. Expertly document all phases of nursing care in both electronic and written format.
Includes functional supervision of assistive personnel and other responsibilities as requested.
Nursing Specific Info
Salary & Nursing Framework Level:
This UMPNC RN posting is posted as Nursing Framework LEVEL C.
Actual Nursing Framework LEVEL and salary will be determined at time of hire.
Nursing Framework levels range from Level A to Level E.
Required qualifications must be met by the candidate in order to be interviewed and considered for the position.
Posting may be filled after the initial 5-day posting period.
Applicants who have left the UMPNC bargaining unit must include on their resume dates of past employment including months and years of service along with effort. Positions less than 20 hours/week may be combined.
If you have questions regarding this posting or would like assistance with nursing opportunities please contact Nurse Recruitment at (734) 936-5183.
- Current license to practice nursing in Michigan is required.
Two-three years nursing experience caring for patients in the Emergency Room, Cardiology step-down, Cardiac Procedures, or general Cardiovascular Medicine.
- Demonstrated clinical expertise and experience in cardiology practice including 12 lead EKG interpretation, diagnostic test interpretation, cardiac medications, emergency management of cardiac patients, current clinical practice guidelines in cardiology, lipid and risk factor management, and secondary prevention.
- ACLS Certification with expert telemetry skills for adult patients
- Previous experiences using clinical protocols to make decisions for adult patients
- Experience in independent decision making for patients with various cardiac diseases.
- Demonstrated excellent interpersonal and communications skills are required and the ability to work collaboratively and effectively with a care team with the goal of service excellence and patient family centered care.
- Positive, can-do attitude, great team player.
NOTE: Required qualifications must be met by the candidate in order to be interviewed and considered for the position.
RESUME REQUIRED (for both internal & external applicants):
You must attach a complete and accurate resume to be fully considered for this position.
- Bachelors of Science in Nursing
- Recent ambulatory care experience including telephone triage within the last two years.
- One year nursing float experience
- Looking for a commitment of two years minimum
- Recent Experience with IV Skills
- Experiences with Dobutamine Stress test
- Previous experience in developing evidence-based clinical protocols.
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience with continuous quality improvement.
- Desire to be on unit committees to improve patient outcomes.
- Previous participation in research.
- Wide variety of computer skills including Groupwise, MiChart, Create doc, Word, Excel.
- Knowledge of the University of Michigan Hospital Nursing policies and practice.
Demonstrated accountability/dependability as evidenced, for example, by a stellar attendance record; by completion of mandatories and unit based competencies within an established time frame; by meeting deadlines and completing required work.
Always strives to be part of the solution rather than part of the problem by offering constructive, creative ideas.
Hours: 40 hours per week
Shift/ Days/ Hours: Mon-Fri, 8 hour days shifts between the hours of 8:00 a.m and 5:00 p.m.
Cardiovascular Medicine Special Programs including:
Anticoagulation Program, Cardiovascular Medicine-Dominos Farms, Cardiovascular Medicine-Briarwood 5, Brighton, Northville, Canton, Chelsea, HF Telemanagement Program, Pre/Post HeartTransplant Program, Adult Congenital Heart Program, Pulmonary Hypertension Programs, Cardiac Device Program, and Echo.
We, the staff and faculty of the U-M Cardiovascular Center (CVC) team, are committed to advancing medicine and serving humanity through living and teaching our core values of Respect and Compassion; Collaboration; Innovation; and Commitment to Excellence.
Each CVC employee is expected to understand and demonstrate that in every interaction we represent our entire organization in the care we provide and in the courtesies we extend to patients, families, and each respective team member. The CVC is dedicated to partnering with patients and families to deliver the safest and highest quality of health care. Applicants are expected to review the following PowerPoint presentation which provides an overview of the Cardiovascular Centers philosophy and culture:
This position is covered under the collective bargaining agreement between the U-M and the Michigan Nurses Association and the U-M Professional Nurse Council union, which contains and settles all matters with respect to wages, benefits, hours and other terms and conditions of employment.
Michigan Medicine conducts background screening and pre-employment drug testing on job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent job offer and may use a third party administrator to conduct background screenings. Background screenings are performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Report Act.
Michigan Medicine improves the health of patients, populations and communities through excellence in education, patient care, community service, research and technology development, and through leadership activities in Michigan, nationally and internationally. Our mission is guided by our Strategic Principles and has three critical components; patient care, education and research that together enhance our contribution to society.