How to Apply
A cover letter is required for consideration for this position and should be attached as the first page of your resume. Cover letters must not exceed one page, resumes must not exceed two pages, 11-point font and 1” margins minimum, succinctly conveying qualifications for the role.
Health Information Technology & Services has an exciting senior business systems analyst opportunity. We are seeking a self-motivated, team-building, creative and analytical thinker with great communication to join the Education and Training leadership team. Education and Training is responsible for information technology and services in the support of undergraduate medical education (UME), graduate medical education (GME), advanced science degree programs, continuing professional development (CPD), and clinical and business systems training for the 26,000 faculty and staff across the entire Health System and Medical School.
Incumbent will be part of the team responsible for the enterprise-wide delivery and tracking of complex learning management systems related to training, professional development, and mandatory education for Michigan Medicine faculty and staff. He/she will lead innovative projects to improve the Michigan Medicine learning experience. Work assignments include working collaboratively with diverse audiences, multiple content areas (business domains), multiple platforms, multiple integrations, and cross-functional assignments. Additionally, the incumbent:
- Collaborates with stakeholders, users, customers, data stewards, and application developers to define business needs, gather requirements and recommend solutions. Responsible for following established standards and methodology, develops and conducts analysis and tests, and implements solutions.
- Manages the execution of the resources for assigned projects. Provides accurate time estimates for tasks, identifies impacted teams, and notifies management of potential risks and issues.
- Actively coordinates with team members, other groups, and vendors to effectively resolve incidents and requests to provide operational support. Follows procedures and guidelines to resolve or escalate incidents and requests.
- Stays current with relevant advances in technologies.
May require on-call availability and may require working during non-business hours and on weekends.
Requirements for this position are based largely on the UM Professional Competencies model. Demonstrated proficiency in each of the seven competencies is required:
- Building Relationship / Interpersonal Skills. Develops and maintains positive and cooperative relationships, inside and outside of work group, interacting in a friendly, open, honest, and accepting manner.
- Creative Problem Solving / Strategic Thinking. Effectively solves complex problem using analysis, creative thinking and input from others.
- Communication. Effectively communicates clearly, correctly, knowledgeably and effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Development of Self and Others . Takes initiative in participating in growth opportunities for continuous development and improvement.
- Flexibility / Adaptability to Change. Understands and accepts the need for change, cooperates in implementation and constructively voices concern and proposes alternative.
- Leadership / Achievement Orientation. Demonstrates behavior aligned with the values and ethics of the organization and profession.
- Quality Service. Establishes and maintains effective relationships with internal and external customers in a manner that consistently meets the organization’s expectations for exemplary customer service.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Healthcare Administration, Management, or Business Administration or equivalent degree in another field together with related experience.
- Minimum four years demonstrated experience in a related role requiring confidentiality, timeliness, customer service, organization, prioritization, troubleshooting, and working independently to successfully conduct systems and process analysis and design.
- Demonstrated experience with managing enterprise wide technology projects.
- Knowledge of systems development methodologies (including waterfall and iterative approaches).
- Demonstrated skills in business systems analysis, design, and system testing.
- Demonstrated skills in data analysis and process modeling tools and techniques.
- Demonstrated proficiency with current computer technology and applications (e.g. Business Process Mapping software, word processing, spreadsheet, and collaboration applications).
- Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines while working in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to work in an open, shared workspace.
Michigan Medicine conducts background screening and pre-employment drug testing on job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent job offer and may use a third party administrator to conduct background screenings. Background screenings are performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Report Act.
Job openings are posted for a minimum of seven calendar days. This job may be removed from posting boards and filled anytime after the minimum posting period has ended.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.