We are currently seeking a Hospitals Planner to join our team. As the Hospitals Planner, you will work closely with University of Michigan Health System (UMHS) Associate Hospital Directors, Facilities Planning Director, and supporting staff in assessing UMHS facilities for immediate and future space needs. You are responsible for leading the planning effort toward the successful completion of complex healthcare facilities; providing overall programming, master planning, design and medical planning; and representing UMHS as a technical expert.
- Develop plans for short and long-term expansions for UMHS facilities including project related costs, and operational cost forecasting.
- Assist with UMHS facilities assessments for immediate and future parking and transportation needs. Coordinate with UM Parking authority to provide short and long-term solutions for parking and transportation for UMHS patients and employees.
- Develop and maintain space utilization database/drawings for UMHS facilities in concert with other UMHS departments.
- Develop and maintain space standardization for UMHS facilities in concert with other UMHS departments.
- Provide consultation and advice to clinical and administrative leaders, managers, faculty and staff concerning facility planning and expansion.
- Manage the activities of retained consultants.
- Member of the UMHS space needs committee.
- Works closely with University of Michigan Exterior Elements and Code committees, where applicable for planning and assessment purposes.
- Provides direction to supporting staff.
- Master's degree in Architecture, Planning or an equivalent combination of education and experience in healthcare.
- 10 years of experience in healthcare architecture and medical planning.
- Strong written and oral presentation skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications, including Project. Proficient with CAD software (AutoCAD).
- Strong project management skills, and working knowledge of regulatory requirements for healthcare facilities.
- Ten years of experience as a senior medical planner.
- American College of Healthcare Architects (ACHA) Medical Planning certification.
- Proficiency with 3D modeling software.
- LEED certification and/or equivalent knowledge of sustainability in healthcare.
- LEAN Design experience.
Licensure & Certification
Professional registration in Architecture or the ability to become registered in the State of Michigan within 24 months from date of hire.
Michigan Medicine conducts background screening and pre-employment drug testing on job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent job offer and may use a third party administrator to conduct background screenings. Background screenings are performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Report Act.
Michigan Medicine improves the health of patients, populations and communities through excellence in education, patient care, community service, research and technology development, and through leadership activities in Michigan, nationally and internationally. Our mission is guided by our Strategic Principles and has three critical components; patient care, education and research that together enhance our contribution to society.
Job openings are posted for a minimum of seven calendar days. This job may be removed from posting boards and filled anytime after the minimum posting period has ended.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.