How to Apply
A cover letter is required for consideration for this position and should be attached as the first page of your resume. The cover letter should address your specific interest in the position and outline skills and experience that directly relate to this position.
- Identifying and recruiting potential study participants; tracking participants and preparing participant mailings, and scheduling and completing follow-up visits at the ED and in the community.
- Organizing and maintaining collected participant research data. Performing medical record abstraction when needed.
- Conducting community environment assessments in Flint, MI.
- Participating in research meetings and carrying out routine correspondence in regards to project activities.
- Completing all Hurley Medical Center compliance checklist requirements prior to starting work in addition to the U-M new employee requirements (e.g., background screening).
- Completing Hurley Medical Center orientation as part of the new employee checklist.
HS Diploma or Assoc Degree. Weekend/evening availability is required along with the ability to commute to Hurley Medical Center in Flint, MI as the primary work location. Additionally, the ability to work independently, pay close attention to detail, follow through with tasks, work as part of a team, observe and maintain data confidentiality, and feel comfortable approaching strangers and comfortable in an ED setting is required. Strong computer skills (MS Office, data entry, etc.), technology skills, and basic research knowledge is necessary.
Bachelor's degree preferred as well as 0-1+ year experience in research and medical chart experience. The candidate must be very detail-oriented with excellent interpersonal skills, ability to work well with others as well as approach strangers, and have strong oral and written communication skills. Reliable transportation is necessary and candidates will be asked to cross train in other job duties (i.e.., recruit as well as conduct follow-up interviews).
This position requires flexibility, availability to work up to five days a week, during day and night hours (anywhere from 9am to 2am), any day of the week (including weekend shifts). Also, this position requires ability to occasionally shift during midnight hours (12am to 8am). This position is part-time (20 hours minimum) with the potential to work up to full-time (40 hours) at temp status.
This position is located in Flint, Michigan at Hurley Medical Center. Although the position is based in Flint, infrequent travel to Ann Arbor for supervision and training is expected.
Michigan Medicine conducts background screening and pre-employment drug testing on job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent job offer and may use a third party administrator to conduct background screenings. Background screenings are performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Report Act. Hurley Medical Center also requires proof of clearance of a recent background screening before you can begin working on site.
Job openings are posted for a minimum of seven calendar days. This job may be removed from posting boards and filled anytime after the minimum posting period has ended.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.