- Implement data collection protocols and coordinate all aspects of data collection and recruitment for study including mailing recruitment packets and tracking enrollment, conducting data collection telephone interviews and online surveys, maintaining and updating subject database via REDCap.
- Oversee the running of the Interviewing Center staff related to the project. Ensure that baseline and follow up data is collected in a uniform and structured and is ready for coding and analysis.
- Hire, train and supervise data collection staff. This includes: regular monitoring and tracking of completed interviews, completing interviews as needed and instituting data security verification checks. Working with department staff on personnel issues related to temporary staff.
- Coordinate administrative aspects of the operation of a clinical trial and research study. This includes setting up meetings, take ownership and responsibility for handling all study communication between researchers, community partners and subjects.
- Attend and participate in team meetings related to study, misc. research related tasks as requested by study PIs, Co-Is and Project Director.
- Qualitative data coding, qualitative and quantitative data cleaning, some data entry as needed, and preliminary data analysis throughout the study timeline for posters, projects, presentations, and papers. This includes: ensuring data is coded uniformly, data exports, data cleaning in both SAS and REDCap, and data analysis in SAS.
- Bachelor's degree in Public Health, Social Work, or a related field
- Excellent communication skills
- Previous research experience
- Proficiency with Microsoft office prgrams including, Excel, Word, and Publisher
- Proficiency with office and computer equipment; ability to troubleshoot equipment problems, fixing or securing necessary repair help
- Ability and willingness to work some evenings and weekends in accordance with telephone interviewing needs
- Willingness to travel to study sites to monitor clinical data collection
- Experience working in Qualtrics and REDCap for data collection and analysis
- Demonstrated experience with Qualtrics, and REDCap
- Proficiency in data analysis on large-scale research studies using SAS
- Experience conducting literature searches and reviews
- Very detail oriented, ability to problem solve and follow through independently on tasks
- Team player
- Customer service oriented with a pleasant and professional in-person and telephone manager.
- A committment to contributing to a diverse, equitable and inclusive environment for all members of our community
We are seeking an experienced and dynamic staff leader/member with a commitment to contributing to a diverse, equitable and inclusive environment for all members of our community.
The University of Michigan conducts background checks on all job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent offer and may use a third party administrator to conduct background checks. Background checks will be performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Reporting Act.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.