How to Apply
A cover letter is required for consideration for this position and should be attached as the first page of your resume. The cover letter should address each of the following points:
- Describe your experience and why you believe you would be a good fit for this position at the West Ann Arbor Health Center - Parkland Plaza.
- Outline your customer service experiences which would be applicable to this position.
- Describe why you chose a career in the healthcare field?
The West Ann Arbor Health Center – Parkland Plaza is the newest Ambulatory Care facility dedicated to providing high quality health care services for adults and children. The brand new 2-story facility is located 380 Parkland Plaza in Ann Arbor. We are actively seeking compassionate, enthusiastic, and patient-oriented individuals who will share in the goal of creating the ideal experience for our patients, families and employees.
Under the supervision of the Allied Health Supervisor or an Audiologist, provide technical and administrative support to the Hearing Aid Program in Audiology:
• Provide strong customer services in a pleasant manner that include but are not limited to greeting patients, assisting faculty and staff in patient care, answering business phones.
• Provide reliable support of clinical staff via prior authorization requests, entering information onto purchase agreements, assist with patient check in/out, appointment scheduling, consistent documentation in medical record of all patient related interactions, entering charges and processing payments, maintaining cash records.
• Using clinical databases, order, track and prepare hearing aids, bone conduction devices and other technology for upcoming patient appointment; maintain and track supply inventories of clinical consumables, devices, services, etc.
• Update manufacturer software as necessary.
• With training, troubleshoot and perform minor hearing device repairs for scheduled or walk-in patients.
• Communicate with audiologists concerning updates on orders, insurance verifications or prior authorizations.
• Assist the audiologists in the completion of clinical appointments as needed.
• Provide training and cross-coverage for other technicians as needed.
• Maintain inventory of loaner devices including those procured for temporary use from manufacturers as well as those purchased by our clinic using donor funds.
• Participate in all scheduled technology update sessions held by hearing aid manufacturer representatives.
• Participate in hearing aid technician meetings in pediatric audiology as well as with technicians at other locations within the department.
• Remain flexible and adapt to new requirements, processes, and procedures as required.
High school diploma is mandatory. Three years of experience in a business or clinical job setting required or an equivalent combination of education and experience. Applicants will be considered for this position if they have a strong proven track record in customer service excellence, problem solving skills, familiarity with computer databases, and an interest in and aptitude for learning new computer programs, math, and business. Attention to detail and demonstrated organizational skills are critical for this position. Being able to prioritized activities and keep track of multiple deadlines are essential skills. A candidate for this position must demonstrate a well-developed set of interpersonal skills and a desire to work collaboratively to attain high levels of service excellence and to meet continuous improvement goals. Comfort in working with children and their families and demonstrated ability to interact in the respectful and compassionate way with families of patients is important.
Experience in the University of Michigan Health System and a working knowledge of MiChart scheduling, documentation, and billing preferred. Demonstrated ability to be a flexible part of a large team of health care providers, and a working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications are desirable. Experience working technically with hearing aids and supporting audiologists is desired. Bachelor or Associate Degree preferred.
Full time position. The incumbent will work in the hearing aid dispensing clinic at West Ann Arbor Health Center at 380 Parkland Plaza, Ann Arbor 48103. Travel to and working at other locations may be required. Clinic hours will normally be Monday-Friday, 8AM-5PM.
Michigan Medicine conducts background screening and pre-employment drug testing on job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent job offer and may use a third party administrator to conduct background screenings. Background screenings are performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Report Act.
Michigan Medicine improves the health of patients, populations and communities through excellence in education, patient care, community service, research and technology development, and through leadership activities in Michigan, nationally and internationally. Our mission is guided by our Strategic Principles and has three critical components; patient care, education and research that together enhance our contribution to society.
Job openings are posted for a minimum of seven calendar days. This job may be removed from posting boards and filled anytime after the minimum posting period has ended.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.