The individual hired for this temporary position is responsible for providing exceptional customer service and have a basic knowledge and understanding of the work with the ability to handle routine inquiries to ensure customer satisfaction and retention and refers more complex problems to a more senior staff. The individual hired for this temporary position is expected to apply basic knowledge and skill to the position within one or more functional areas; work independently under general supervision and oversight.
- Utilizes MedEQUIP software application to obtain basic demographic and payor information that supports the creation of orders.
- Accepts telephone calls at assigned start time through the end of the work day.
- Obtains appropriate demographic and insurance information from patients, caregivers, and all referral sources, and enters into the department software application.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Demonstrated team player with the ability to work independently.
- Strong organization and prioritization skills; ability to handle multiple responsibilities in a fast paced environment.
- Demonstrated effective problem-solving skills,
- Demonstrated proficiency with computer skills, Microsoft Office software, Outlook and other applicable platforms.
- Basic clerical tasks that require proper telephone technique, basic typing, computer and data entry skills.
- Must comply with all Michigan Medicine Occupational Health requirements including annual flu immunization.
The employee will be able to perform the assigned duties and responsibilities with or without reasonable accommodations. This position requires knowledge and proficient use of computers and various computer applications. These duties require fine motor coordination/dexterity, the ability to grasp, vision with or without corrective aids adequate for fine motor tasks and computer skills, the position requires the employee to have the ability to sit for long periods of time, the job requires the physical demands of occasional lifting up to and including 10 pounds, reaching, pushing, walking, going up and down stairs, etc., with or without the use of assistive/adaptive devices.
- Ability to multi-task
- Ability to function in a fast paced and sometimes stressfull environment while maintaining a high level of customer service to both internal and external customers.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Excellent customer service skills.
Hours vary from 8:00 a.m. to 6:30 p.m. Monday-Friday and 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. shifts on Saturdays.
2705 S. Industrial Hwy, Ann Arbor, MI, 48104
This job posting is for a University of Michigan Temporary position. Temporary employment may be full or part time, but in either case is limited in duration. Please review the full posting description for details.
Michigan Medicine conducts background screening and pre-employment drug testing on job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent job offer and may use a third party administrator to conduct background screenings. Background screenings are performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Report Act.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.