If you want to improve your interviewing skills, this position will help you gain valuable experience. You will be responsible for greeting students and community members who come to the Innovation Incubator for assistance in starting businesses and non-profits. You will conduct brief interviews to help guide them, and in this position you will learn about local resources available for startups. Other duties include assisting with database management and occasional events. This would be a great job for a Communications major, or any student who is interested in entrepreneurship, but all students with Work Study funding are encouraged to apply.
- Must be a current University of Michigan Student with current Work Study funding.
- Demonstrate good customer service and communication skills.
- Must be computer literate and proficient in Microsoft Office, especially Word and Excel.
- Helpful, positive attitude about serving others.
- Resume, proof of current Work Study award, UM-Flint Class Schedule, and availability must be attached to be considered for position.
The Incubator is open weekdays 9-5, in the Northbank Center just north of the UPAV and east of WSW. Your work schedule will be based on your schedule and Incubator needs. Occasionally, there are evening events you will be welcome to work.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.