How to Apply
A cover letter with references and resume are required for consideration of this position. The cover letter should address your specific interest and a paragraph discussing how your skills and attitude would be a good match for this position.
The Neurology Clinical Trials Organization (NeCTO) is seeking an experienced, positive, highly motivated, organized, autonomous person with excellent multi-tasking ability and record-keeping skills to join our growing research team. The Clinical Research Coordinator will work with principal investigators and other research team members to accurately and efficiently carry out a range of tasks associated with a variety of neurological clinical research trials. The characteristic duties and responsibilities of this position may evolve over time to match changing needs and priorities.
- Recruit and enroll patients for department studies.
- Pre-screen, schedule, consent for various studies.
- Track and monitor patient condition and test results.
- Perform general office and administrative duties related to research projects.
- Ensure all study related documentation is completed accurately and in a timely fashion.
- Manage regulatory requirements including IRB submissions in eresearch, billing calendars, study budgets, collecting regulatory documents, execution of study protocol and conducting monitoring visits.
- Directly interact in a clinic setting with patients including administering survey instruments and neuropsychometric testing.
- Assist in the promotion of educational programming and events to enhance awareness of neurologic diseases.
- Design source documents, recruitment materials, and other relevant study documents for multiple ongoing studies.
- Attend investigator meetings as part of the study team for industry sponsored study initiation. This may include travel to sponsor locations for training.
- Participate in recruitment strategic planning meetings, and all staff meetings.
- Work collaboratively with team members, including training, mentoring, and cross-covering for other studies when needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in a health science discipline.
- 2-3 years research experience with federal and industry sponsored trials.
- Experience using MBECT, e-Research and MiChart.
- Experience working and interacting with patients in a direct patient care setting or outpatient clinic.
- Computer proficiency (i.e. Microsoft Word, Excel, and Power Point)
- Confident and highly motivated with excellent multi-tasking ability and record-keeping skills.
- Outstanding organizational skills with meticulous attention to detail.
- Professional demeanor and excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Proven ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Ability to work with diverse teams of people in a diplomatic, collaborative and effective manner.
- Ability to problem-solve and establish timelines and priorities.
- Demonstrated understanding of GCP, ICH, and FDA regulations.
Possible physical requirements include, but are not limited to: occasional lifting and carrying of objects weighing 5-30 lbs.; able to observe and verbally exchange information with patients and caregivers; repetitive use of upper and lower extremities; kneeling; walking; standing; leaning over for extended periods; squatting; climbing; pushing or pulling heavy equipment and binders; reaching; and sitting for extended periods. There may also be exposure risk to potentially infectious blood and/or body fluids, fumes or chemicals.
- Experience with Electronic Data Entry.
- A working knowledge of medical terminology and assessment of laboratory values.
- Ability to multi-task and sustain a high level of organization while working with several research studies.
- ACRP or SOCRA certified.
- GCP certified; CITI and PEERRS.
- Experience in database development and management (including developing surveys using RedCap, Velos, etc).
- Licensed to practice as a registered nurse.
Shift/Hours: Primarily M-F days, however variability may be required by some projects including early mornings, evenings, and weekends.
This position may be underfilled at a lower classification depending on the qualifications of the selected candidate.
This position may be filled using an FLSA exempt or non-exempt designation.
Job openings are posted for a minimum of seven calendar days. This job may be removed from posting boards and filled anytime after the minimum posting period has ended.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.