Assist and support providers in the delivery of direct patient care by managing patient flow in a complex outpatient setting.
Function as an integral member of the team to coordinate patient flow. Duties include but are not limited to the following: taking vital signs, rooming patients, documenting and order entry within the MiChart system, administering vaccines, preparing patient rooms for visits, stocking exam rooms, and providing general support to clinicians and patients.
- Exemplary interpersonal, communication and customer service skills.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work independently, prioritize, problem solve and work cooperatively with providers and staff.
- Formal MA program completion.
- High school diploma or GED.
- Knowledge of basic medical terminology.
- Moderate standing/walking, as well as, lifting, positioning, pushing, and/or transferring patients.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and the ability to work well within a team setting.
- Ability to communicate effectively.
- Demonstrated active listening, written, verbal, and information technology skills.
- Associates Degree.
- MiChart experience.
- Certification as a medical assistant.
- Experience working witin a large, complex healthcare setting.
- Knowledge of university policies & procedures.
This position may be underfilled at a lower classification depending on the qualifications of the selected candidate.
University of Michigan Health System conducts background screening and pre-employment drug testing on job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent job offer and may use a third party administrator to conduct background screenings. Background screenings are performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Report Act.
Job openings are posted for a minimum of seven calendar days. This job may be removed from posting boards and filled anytime after the minimum posting period has ended.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.