How to Apply
Are you an accomplished nurse who values patient/family centered care principles and are interested in providing a unique and rewarding care experience? If this is you, private duty home care nursing with University of Michigan Health System may be your calling.
Michigan Visiting Care now has temporary nurse positions, for days, evening and nights. Join our team to provide private duty nursing care to tracheostomy/ventilator dependent patients, ages 5 to 26 years of age. Our nurses find personal reward and satisfaction by helping people live their life to the fullest?in their home and in the community. Hours are flexible; patient specific training is provided.
If you possess excellent clinical skills, and are passionate about providing highly individualized care, we would like to hear from you.
Salary range: $23.64-26.88 / hour
This job opening is for 5 Unit-Based Temporary RN positions at Michigan Visiting Care.
* Please note that these positions do not qualify for UMHS benefits and specific terms and conditions of employment are negotiated at the department level. These positions are not covered under the collective bargaining agreement between the U-M and the Michigan Nurses Association and the U-M Professional Nurse Council union.
Provides skilled nursing services to patients in their homes and is responsible for assessing nursing needs, including the physical, psychosocial and environmental needs of patients and their families.
May act as a primary nurse to one or more patients, encompassing the responsibilities of updating care plans, medication profiles and maintaining organization of the medical chart in the home.
The home health RN safely completes procedures and treatments as necessary.
As a member of a multi-disciplinary home health staff, the RN ensures the provision of safe delivery of nursing care following all department policies and state and federal regulations.
Nursing Specific Info
Required qualifications must be met by the candidate in order to be interviewed and considered for the position.
If you have questions regarding this posting or would like assistance with nursing opportunities please contact Nurse Recruitment at (734) 936-5183.
Nursing Specific Info
Under Michigan Law, a criminal history check including fingerprinting is required as a condition of employment or transfer for this position.
Current State of Michigan Registered Nurse License
Six months (6 mo) of acute nursing experience or equivalent
Six months (6 mo) minimum tracheostomy care experience
Ability to work autonomously in a non-structured environment
Good verbal and written skills
Good organizational and leadership skills
Baccalaureate degree in nursing
Home health care experience
Broad-based nursing skill level
At least one year nursing experience
Home Mechanical Ventilation experience
Pediatric Nursing experience
Proof of current CPR certification through the American Heart Association
Proof of negative TB status
This job posting is for a University of Michigan Temporary position. Temporary employment may be full or part time, but in either case is limited in duration. Please review the full posting description for details.
UNIT-BASED TEMPORARY NURSE GUIDELINES
* Unit-based temporary employee working three or more shifts per scheduling period will be scheduled to work a minimum of two weekend shifts per scheduling period (8 hours = 1 shift). The contractual definition of a weekend applies for temporary employees.* Unit-based temporary nurses who preschedule two or fewer shifts per scheduling period do not
have to meet the weekend requirements.
* Each unit-based temporary nurse will be expected to work a portion of scheduled shifts on off shifts (recommended guide: 25%).
* Each unit-based temporary nurse will be scheduled to work the number of shifts during holiday weeks that reflect his/her normal scheduling pattern. Temporary nurses should be scheduled to work shifts during three out of the six holiday weeks and one of these weeks should be Christmas or New Year's week. (A week is defined as Sunday through Saturday during which the holiday falls).
* Unit-based temporary nurses are to be scheduled after all regular staff are scheduled per contract language.
* Managers may establish additional guidelines based upon individual unit scheduling requirements
This temporary position may meet eligibility requirements for health care benefits.
University of Michigan Health System conducts background screening and pre-employment drug testing on job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent job offer and may use a third party administrator to conduct background screenings. Background screenings are performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Report Act.
The mission of the University of Michigan is to serve the people of Michigan and the world through preeminence in creating, communicating, preserving and applying knowledge, art, and academic values, and in developing leaders and citizens who will challenge the present and enrich the future. The University of Michigan is committed to foster learning, creativity and productivity, and to support the vigorous exchange of ideas and information, not only in the classroom but in the workplace by:
-Creating a work environment in which people treat each other with respect and dignity, regardless of roles, responsibilities or differences.
-Providing support, direction and resources enabling us to accomplish the responsibilities of our jobs and to reach the goals that are set for professional and personal growth.