How to Apply
A cover letter is required for consideration for this position and should be attached as the first page of your resume. The cover letter should address your specific interest in the position and outline skills and experience that directly relate to this position.
- Initiating written and verbal communications for the Chair, often on confidential manners
- Coordinating the Chair’s calendar
- Arranging travel for the Chair
- Providing support on Faculty annual reviews
- Coordinating with administrative staff on special Department events
- Helping to prepare, and edit emails, letters, reports, manuscript, and grant proposals
- Managing the faculty recruitment process, including arranging travel, preparing itineraries, reimbursing expenses, coordinating the interview process, and arranging events
- Managing the faculty appointment and promotion process, including communications/meetings with faculty and other key staff, working with online systems to enter information, requesting and compiling documents
- Providing administrative support on faculty and departmental members award nominations
- Coordinating department seminars, including arranging travel, preparing itineraries, reimbursing expenses, and arranging events
- Process Chair reimbursements via Concur
- Other administrative duties as assigned
Bachelor’s degree or an equivalent combination of education and experience is required. At least five years’ experience in an administrative position. Demonstrated excellent verbal and written communication skills. Excellent interpersonal skills with a strong customer focus. Excellent organization, multi-tasking skills and an ability to work independently and to exercise judgment in setting priorities. Ability to compose and edit professional correspondence.
Working knowledge of University policies and procedures; excellent computer skills including excel, word, and power point. Familiarity with Business Objects, MSTAT, Outlook, SMARTPATH and other internal data base systems relevant to the position. Should have good analytical skills and be facile with computer data query systems with the ability to present information in a well-organized manner. Facile with computer data query systems.
8 AM -5 PM Monday- Friday
77 44 Med Sci II
Michigan Medicine conducts background screening and pre-employment drug testing on job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent job offer and may use a third party administrator to conduct background screenings. Background screenings are performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Report Act.
Michigan Medicine improves the health of patients, populations and communities through excellence in education, patient care, community service, research and technology development, and through leadership activities in Michigan, nationally and internationally. Our mission is guided by our Strategic Principles and has three critical components; patient care, education and research that together enhance our contribution to society.
Job openings are posted for a minimum of seven calendar days. This job may be removed from posting boards and filled anytime after the minimum posting period has ended.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.