How to Apply
A cover letter is required for consideration for this position and should be attached as the first page of your resume. The cover letter should address your specific interest in the position and outline skills and experience that directly relate to this position.
The Department of Dermatology is seeking a motivated and very organized office clerk who will work to proactively support the needs of the faculty, leadership, and administrative staff. This position will provide routine but varied clerical support. The successful candidate will be skilled at maintaining productivity while multi-tasking and managing priorities.
Duties include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Photocopying, filling, and scanning documents.
- Manage office supplies and kitchen supplies to maintain consistent levels of all necessary supplies.
- Manage, sort, and distribute mail daily including distribution of mail to Dermatology faculty/staff in Taubman, UH South, the Cancer Center, and Med Sci, etc.
- Receive packages and route them as appropriate.
- Maintain magazine subscriptions for waiting areas.
- Answer phone system and direct calls as requested, maintaining good telephone etiquette.
- Manage faculty lab coats.
- Replace toner cartridges, empty shredder, recycle batteries.
- Order and set up refreshments for meetings.
- Provide support for meetings: type prepared agendas and gather supplemental materials as instructed, set up audiovisual conferencing.
- Assist with calendar management when requested.
- Prepare Hosting Forms, Travel and Expense Reports in Concur, PCard reports.
- Assist with travel arrangements as directed, including: booking conference registration, arranging flights, hotels, and ground transportation.
- Renew annual memberships for faculty, advanced practice professionals, and staff.
- Print journal articles.
- Provide backup support to faculty and administration.
- Additional duties as assigned.
High school diploma or equivalent. 2-5 years of related experience. Must have excellent organizational skills and excellent customer service skills. Comfortable with Microsoft Office programs and multitasking. Must be able to interact effectively with a diverse group of faculty, residents, staff, and patients.
Associate’s degree and/or some office experience/administrative experience preferred, but not required.
Familiarity with University of Michigan Policies and Procedures as well as UM Systems (e.g., Concur, Marketsite) and medical terminology. Advanced computer skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Adobe, Outlook) also desired.
Michigan Medicine conducts background screening and pre-employment drug testing on job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent job offer and may use a third party administrator to conduct background screenings. Background screenings are performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Report Act.
Michigan Medicine improves the health of patients, populations and communities through excellence in education, patient care, community service, research and technology development, and through leadership activities in Michigan, nationally and internationally. Our mission is guided by our Strategic Principles and has three critical components; patient care, education and research that together enhance our contribution to society.
Job openings are posted for a minimum of seven calendar days. This job may be removed from posting boards and filled anytime after the minimum posting period has ended.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.