How to Apply
A cover letter is required for consideration for this position and should be attached as the first page of your resume. The cover letter should address your specific interest in the position and outline skills and experience that directly relate to this position. In your cover letter, please indicate how you discovered this opportunity.
Market Title: Administrative Coordinator/Project Coordinator (100229)
Working Title: Project Manager, Campaign Strategy, Initiatives and International Giving
Office of University Development
Reports to: Assistant Vice President, Development Services & Strategic Solutions
Senior Director for Strategic Initiatives, Campaign Strategy
Senior Director of Development, International Giving
Supervises directly: N/A
Position summary: The Administrative Coordinator will be a member of the Campaign Strategy team; the International Giving team; and the Development Services & Strategic Solutions team.
This position will manage a variety of projects related to campaign implementation and strategy on collaborative and interdisciplinary initiatives including Precision Health, Poverty Solutions, Sustainability, Entrepreneurship, Data Science, Biosciences and the $1B Student Support Campaign.
For the International Giving team, including the Senior Director and major gifts officers, this position will provide daily administrative, project and data support.
Campaign Strategy Project Management, Fundraising and Data Support (70%)
Provide a wide variety of professional project and data support to the Senior Director, Strategic Initiatives and the Assistant Vice President. This includes but is not limited to:
- Responsible for working and acting as a source of communication for internal and external constituents/customers on behalf of the Assistant VP and Senior Director. Provide representation at meetings when required and appropriate.
- Track progress-to-goal, project deliverables, and provide overall coordination and schedule for multiple projects.
- Schedule and organize individual donor visits to the University campus, including agenda and visit logistics, assisting with international visits as necessary.
- Utilize resourceful and creative thinking to facilitate high level functions, prioritizing action items, reviewing articles, reports and white papers and synthesizing key points to review with the Assistant VP and/or Senior Director.
- As directed, coordinate details and written preparation of briefing materials for meetings and events with major gift prospects, donors, faculty, the Office of the President and other University representatives.
- Make prospect tracking updates and enter donor information into DART (Donor and Alumni Relationship Tool) database and pull reports as requested. Provide support for prospect strategy meetings by compiling resources as needed.
Research and Data Support:
- Assist in the preparation of monthly and ad hoc reports, data analyses and presentations. Run queries and reports from Business Objects and DART; secure assistance from Development Services & Strategic Solutions staff as needed.
- Create or enhance the visual aspects of reports and presentation materials.
- Identify/add appropriate graphic elements (pictures, clipart, charts, and graphs).
- Apply consistent formatting throughout documents and presentations.
- Add or adjust design schemes to best fit message, information, and brand.
- Perform independent research and prepare information for special projects, creating complex documents and spreadsheets. Collect information from other business units on campus, such as the International Center. Synthesize information gathered into easily understood media.
- Draft correspondence and response letters and emails, and respond to inquiries tactfully and effectively on the Assistant VP or Senior Director’s behalf. Prepare follow-up, and address issues containing subject matter that may require sensitivity, discretion, judgment, or negotiation in replying to inquiries, and/or presenting or requesting information.
- Prepare written reports and presentations and prepare the Assistant VP and Senior Director for presentation and speeches, including use of PowerPoint.
- As needed, act on behalf of the Assistant Vice President and Senior Director in handling inquiries of a highly sensitive and confidential nature. Respond to inquiries from within the department, from the campus community, as well as our external constituency; direct matters to appropriate individuals for action.
- Safeguard the confidentiality of donor information at all times. Uphold departmental policies regarding confidential information.
General Administrative Support (25%)
Provide a wide variety of administrative support to the International Giving team, including the Senior Director and major gift officers. This includes but is not limited to:
- Maintain and coordinate calendars, schedule meetings, including logistical support such as selection of meeting venues, confirmation of services and meeting equipment.
- Assist with meeting preparation, distribution of materials and follow-up assistance with high-level donors, prospects, campaign volunteers, and members of the campus community.
- Coordinate and prepare all travel arrangements, including complex and frequent national and international travel; assemble necessary materials for each trip including itinerary.
- Coordinate the University Purchasing Card (P-Card) use and monthly reconciliation for the members of the international giving team.
- Assist with preparing visa applications for international travel.
- Provide assistance, as needed, for U-M international delegation travel planning.
- Provide administrative assistance, as needed, relating to planning international events.
- Initiate, draft, edit, and distribute correspondence, reports, gift agreements, meeting minutes, manuscripts, talking points, etc. as requested.
Other duties and projects as assigned (5%)
- Serve as the Performance Support Program (PSP) liaison for the Campaign and International teams.
Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Strong communication and excellent interpersonal skills, including a professional, client-oriented demeanor, excellent knowledge of grammar and business correspondence.
Systems and technologically orientation with strong working knowledge of computer systems and expertise in Word, Excel and Power Point.
Ability to manage competing and overlapping projects, priorities and deadlines for multiple stakeholders. Excellent organizational skills including time management, project management and attention to detail.
Innate curiosity and an anticipatory sense.
Strong analytical and critical thinking skills.
Demonstrated ability to apply good judgment and handle confidential materials and situations with sensitivity and discretion. Good problem solving skills.
Initiative, flexibility and creativity.
Experience in working in a team environment; ability to work independently and as a team member.
Commitment to fostering a collegial environment with development staff, university colleagues, parents and donors.
- Two to three years of progressively responsible experience in the higher education setting.
- Experience and/or interest in the development profession.
- Exceptional analytical and communication skills.
- Familiarity with university processes and procedures.
- Interest in different cultures and international affairs.
For additional information about this position and to review other current openings in Development, please visit our website at: www.giving.umich.edu/careers
The Office of University Development maximizes private support for the University of Michigan through high-quality collaboration with the development programs of schools, colleges, and units. We also provide fundraising leadership through the stimulation and facilitation of healthy, productive and life-long relationships with our colleagues, alumni, friends, foundations and corporations.
Although the Posting End Date may indicate otherwise, this job may be filled and closed anytime after a posting duration of seven calendar days.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.