This position will provide professional administrative support to several clinical faculty and fellows in the Department of Ophthalmology and Visual Sciences as well as providing support to the Department’s International Center. This position requires excellent multi-tasking and problem-solving skills as well excellent teamwork.
- Type patient letters, recommendation letters, letters of medical necessity and other items as needed.
- Coordinate complex travel arrangements, process travel and hosting reports.
- Assist seminar speakers in making travel arrangements, processing honorariums and reimbursements, prepare itineraries, advertise seminars – including sending out email notices and posting flyers. May include tracking registrations, communicating with attendees, producing meeting presentation packets, scheduling hotels and conference rooms, generating name tags, etc.
- Maintain calendars for multiple faculty, including Who’s Off departmental calendar.
- Facilitate patient communications and patient care, working with the clinical clerical team.
- Organize meetings, prepare Power Point presentations, edit images for presentations/publication as well as prepare and organize material, agendas, and minutes for various meetings as needed.
- Work closely with multiple department teams involving finance, clinical care, research, marketing, development and education.
- Schedule complex meetings with several members as well as arrange for conference rooms. This may include the scheduling of training sessions and retreats, which will require coordination with multiple physicians across the Health Center.
- Maintain CVs in multiple formats.
- Reconcile several PCard statements as well as travel reimbursement utilizing Concur.
- Understanding publishing protocols and edit manuscript references.
- Collect, sort and distribute mail.
- Answering phone calls and transferring them to the appropriate person/clinic.
- Provide all reasonable administrative support for the faculty and fellows.
- Traditional administrative assistance including copying, faxing, scanning, printing, answering phones, etc.)
- Provide backup support to other administrative assistants and faculty as needed
- Respond to inquiries of highly sensitive and confidential material
- Coordinate global visitors/observers/faculty/fellows/medical students; arrange housing, arrange clinic and OR schedules.
- Coordinate and host events; here and worldwide
- Coordinate faculty travels for meetings and events
- Work with faculty, GME, and ECFMG to arrange International Fellowships
- Coordinate resident and fellow training programs worldwide
- Draft MOU’s and legal agreements
- Work closely with UM Global REACH faculty
- Other duties as assigned by faculty and supervisor
- High School Diploma or equivalent and 2-4 years of experience
- Excellent computer skills.
- Outstanding organizational, written and verbal skills with a strong customer focus.
- Must be detailed oriented with the ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks with competing deadlines as well as work effectively with frequent interruptions.
- A high degree of creativity, initiative and resourcefulness in required.
- Candidate must be able to demonstrate and/or provide examples of the following:
- Teamwork – Collegiality and collaborative skills
- Caring/Compassion – Exceptional service to all customers, respect to all you interact with during the workday
- Innovation – Open to changes and challenges to meet the goals/vision of KEC
- Integrity –Must be able to maintain highly confidential information and use excellent judgement on a variety of sensitive subjects
- Minimum of 4 years recent administrative and secretarial experience.
- Experience working in a team-oriented atmosphere and able to manage a fast-paced work environment with the ability to promote professional relationships within a team.
- Flexibility to occasionally work outside the normal business hours.
- Concur, Procurement and MiChart knowledge preferred.
- Ophthalmology terminology preferred.
Hours/Week: 40 hours/week
Days: Monday – Friday
Hours: 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
University of Michigan Health System conducts background screening and pre-employment drug testing on job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent job offer and may use a third party administrator to conduct background screenings. Background screenings are performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Report Act.
Job openings are posted for a minimum of seven calendar days. This job may be removed from posting boards and filled anytime after the minimum posting period has ended.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.