How to Apply
A cover letter is required for consideration for this position and should be attached as the first page of your resume. The cover letter should address your specific interest in the position and outline skills and experience that directly relate to this position.
Department of Otolaryngology - Head and Neck Surgery is looking for an enthusiastic, reliable and service-oriented individual to lead our front desk/scheduling team. The individual in this role is expected to assist patients in our clinic and balance other daily responsibilities in a team-based setting.
- Responsible for day to day functional supervision of front desk team.
- Coordinates staff schedules, manages time off, ensures adequate coverage within front desk team.
- Supports and trains new employees, promotes practices for patient centered excellence.
- Ensures that patients with urgent needs are scheduled appropriately, monitors patient access, patient flow, and patient wait times to optimize patient care experience.
- Serves as point of contact for complicated issues and patient concerns.
- Collaborate closely with faculty and other staff members.
- Incorporate lean and daily work concepts to issues that arise and seek to solve complex work flow issues.
- Perform other duties as needed.
- Strong leadership skills
- Must be able to work in a team setting and have excellent communication skills
- Possess a professional and positive image when interacting with patients, faculty and staff
- Possess excellent customer service, interpersonal, and communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to interact in a diverse population and effectively manage and lead staff.
- Previous supervisory experience
- BS or BA with experience in health care setting
- Experience with an electronic medical record
- Experience working in an ambulatory setting
- Knowledge of Michigan Medicine/University of Michigan policy and procedures.
Michigan Medicine conducts background screening and pre-employment drug testing on job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent job offer and may use a third party administrator to conduct background screenings. Background screenings are performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Report Act.
Michigan Medicine improves the health of patients, populations and communities through excellence in education, patient care, community service, research and technology development, and through leadership activities in Michigan, nationally and internationally. Our mission is guided by our Strategic Principles and has three critical components; patient care, education and research that together enhance our contribution to society.
Job openings are posted for a minimum of seven calendar days. This job may be removed from posting boards and filled anytime after the minimum posting period has ended.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.