How to Apply
Please apply to this posting and also forward your cover letter that discusses your background, as well as a brief discussion of your career goals and how it directly relates to this position, along with your CV and 2 to 3 letter of recommendation to Dr. George Garcia (firstname.lastname@example.org)
The UM College of Pharmacy has a full-time opening for a research fellow in its Medicinal Chemistry Department.
The successful candidate will be conducting antibiotic drug discovery research.
- Planning and carrying out experiments
- Keeping an accurate notebook
- Preparation of Periodic reports and manuscripts for publication
- Grant propsal preparation
- Mentorship of junior colleagues (undergraduate, PhD and PharmD student reserachers)
- PhD degree in medicinal chemistry, biochemistry, chemistry or closely related fiwld, biochemistry/enzymology experience.
- Good communication skills both oral and written.
- Time management and Organizational skills.
- High-throughput screening and follow - up experience
- Assay Development.
The University of Michigan conducts background checks on all job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent offer and may use a third party administrator to conduct background checks. Background checks will be performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Reporting Act.
Job openings are posted for a minimum of seven calendar days. This job may be removed from posting boards and filled anytime after the minimum posting period has ended.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.