How to Apply
A cover letter is required for consideration for this position and should be attached as the first page of your resume. The cover letter should address your specific interest in the position and outline skills and experience that directly relate to this position.
Our Urology practice services both adult and pediatric non-cancer patient populations. The Urology Call Center Representative is responsible for meeting the highest standards of customer service while facilitating communications between patients, public, payers, referring physicians and other health care providers. This individual must maintain excellent rapport, via the telephone and/or in person, with parents, patients, faculty, and staff, within a team setting.
- Schedule new and return patient clinic visits, diagnostic services and ambulatory procedures for patients.
- Follow nurse triage protocol when handling phones calls.
- Utilize written communication skills accurately/appropriately when composing telephone encounters in MiChart e.g. composition, grammar, spelling, punctuation, sentence structure, etc.
- Mail out patient itineraries, letters, maps, and education materials as appropriate.
- Determine the existence of previous registration and obtain, verify and update insurance, financial and demographic information with the patient at every phone encounter.
- Inform patients of necessary preparations/ tests prior to visit in accordance with established guidelines.
- Utilize/master functions of Aspect telephone system.
- Demonstrate understanding of Urology Call Center phone statistics; apply knowledge when setting personal performance goals.
- Strive to meet UMHS call center targets.
- Communicate effectively in ways that enhance productivity and build respectful relationships.
- Actively participate in the Urology Lean In Daily Work model. Enthusiastically adopt changes in work processes to assess for viability.
- Respond positively to change, showing a willingness to learn new ways to accomplish work.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High School diploma or an equivalent combination of education and experience is necessary.
- 2-4 years of experience
- Excellent attendance record and punctuality.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and Excel.
- Basic medical terminology competency is necessary.
- Friendly, warm, articulate telephone manner with a clear, well-modulated speaking voice.
- Ability to manage stress effectively.
- Must adhere to a high standard of personal and professional conduct.
- Must demonstrate the ability to interact with a diverse population.
- Must be an active team player with the ability to work independently.
- Must possess strong organization and prioritization skills.
- Must demonstrate the ability to multi-task in a fast paced environment.
- A minimum of an Associate’s degree in business, health administration or related field.
- Experience working in a complex health care setting, scheduling patient appointments.
- Familiarity with MiChart.
- Knowledge of University policies and procedures.
- Two or more years of complex Call Center experience.
Michigan Medicine conducts background screening and pre-employment drug testing on job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent job offer and may use a third party administrator to conduct background screenings. Background screenings are performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Report Act.
Michigan Medicine improves the health of patients, populations and communities through excellence in education, patient care, community service, research and technology development, and through leadership activities in Michigan, nationally and internationally. Our mission is guided by our Strategic Principles and has three critical components; patient care, education and research that together enhance our contribution to society.
Job openings are posted for a minimum of seven calendar days. This job may be removed from posting boards and filled anytime after the minimum posting period has ended.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.