How to Apply
A cover letter is required for consideration for this position and should be attached as the first page of your resume. The cover letter should address your specific interest in the position and outline skills and experience that directly relate to this position.
Utilizes ionizing radiation to create diagnostic imaging radiographs of designated anatomical areas in accordance with established practices and procedures of all age groups. Obtains patient history, explains routine procedures and addresses patient concerns. Provides appropriate patient care following the Radiology Gold Service Excellence guidelines to achieve successful completion of procedure. Exercise professional judgment in the performance of this service following the Code of Conduct of the ARRT. Contribute as a team member to enhance job stewardship mindful of Internal and External customer service standards.
- Perform high quality diagnostic procedures, applying principles of radiation protection to minimize exposure to patient.
- Maintain knowledge of and observe universal precautions and all other precautions determined by the University of Michigan Health System
- Respond to patients changing physical conditions, such as changes in airway/breathing, heart rate, acute change in level of consciousness, seizure etc.
- Effectively communicate with patients to obtain important clinical information, instruct the patient, relieve anxiety, and gain cooperation during procedures etc.
- Identify and administer correct contrast media per departmental protocol. Use and maintain aseptic technique.
- Understand and apply Guest Relations skills and display excellent customer service skills. Maintain patient confidentiality at all times. Demonstrate excellent teamwork skills.
- Adapt to changing environments (flexible schedules, emergency conditions, protocol development, technology advancements).
- Function effectively under conditions which are often fast paced and stressful.
- Maintain current ARRT registration
- Other duties as required.
- Graduation from a school of radiologic technology or an equivalent combination of education and experience is necessary.
- Registration by the American Registry of Radiologic Technology is required within the first six months of employment.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Demonstrates critical thinking skills, ingenuity, creativity and professionalism.
- Demonstrates understanding with all age appropriate guidelines for communication, positioning, radiation exposures and radiation protection.
- Must have physical ability to push, pull, assist, and transfer patients safely from transportation devices to diagnostic table.
- Must have the physical ability to push, pull, and assist when placing radiology equipment under the patient.
- Must be able to move heavy equipment such as a portable.
- Must display physical dexterity using fine motor skills.
- PACS experience as well as proficient computer entry skills.
- Experience with general diagnostics in a trauma setting, GE OEC 9900 with vascular C-arms, O-arm and ISO C-arms, GI/GU Procedures, portable procedures and Digital Imaging experience with wireless.
- CPR certification.
The hours for this position are to be determined.
University Hospital B1 D423
Michigan Medicine conducts background screening and pre-employment drug testing on job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent job offer and may use a third party administrator to conduct background screenings. Background screenings are performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Report Act.
Michigan Medicine improves the health of patients, populations and communities through excellence in education, patient care, community service, research and technology development, and through leadership activities in Michigan, nationally and internationally. Our mission is guided by our Strategic Principles and has three critical components; patient care, education and research that together enhance our contribution to society.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.