- Develop, maintain, adjust nursing and ancillary schedules and personnel paperwork.
- Responsible for PPA/Account changes.
- Provide direct support for the Nurse Manager and Supervisor, Ambulatory Care Nursing and UMHS Institution. This includes project work, workgroups and maintaining personnel/staffing reports.
- Train employees in new or revised work methods and procedures and orient new employees.
- Advise management of trends, concerns and suggested measures to maintain standards and continued improvements.
- Exhibit exemplary customer relation skills in interacting with various management levels and department staff.
- Complete project work as assigned by the Manager. Maintain Static Groups and DataMart Groups. Posting, monitoring and hiring new employees through eRecruit.
- Maintain employee records in accordance with HR and UMHS policies.
- High school diploma required.
- Three to five years in performing responsible office duties or an equivalent combination of education/experience.
- Excellent verbal/written communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and cooperatively, prioritize and complete tasks in a timely manner.
- Demonstrated ability to do exceptional tracking and follow up with excellent attention to details.
- Demonstrated ability to multitask in an environment of shifting priorities with a high degree of accuracy.
- Two to three years’ experience with OneStaff, Microsoft Windows and Excel.
- Proficiency with Mpathways.
- Knowledge of eRecruit.
- Knowledge of UMHS/UMPNC/MNA contract.
- Knowledge of UMHS policies and procedures.
- Associate or higher degree in business, human resources or related field.
Monday-Friday, 40 hrs/week, Day Shift; 7:30 a.m.-4:00 p.m.
University of Michigan Health System conducts background screening and pre-employment drug testing on job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent job offer and may use a third party administrator to conduct background screenings. Background screenings are performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Report Act.
The University of Michigan Health System improves the health of patients, populations and communities through excellence in education, patient care, community service, research and technology development, and through leadership activities in Michigan, nationally and internationally. Our mission is guided by our Strategic Principles and has three critical components; patient care, education and research that together enhance our contribution to society.
Job openings are posted for a minimum of seven calendar days. This job may be removed from posting boards and filled anytime after the minimum posting period has ended.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.