How to Apply
A cover letter is required for consideration for this position and should be attached as the first page of your resume. The cover letter should address your specific interest in the position and outline skills and experience that directly relate to this position.
This position responsibilities include answering phone calls for the assigned team, scheduling appointments through Epic/Michart and Outlook, creation of electronic and hard copy files, insurance verification, entering and updating orders, product, pricing, manufacturer information into the computer system, processing of Rx, PM&R delivery and pick-up tickets.
- Provide functional assistance and coordination of assignments with RTS to ensure equipment services are provided in a time frame consistent with department goals.
- Schedule patient appointments in Epic/MiChart system within Quality Improvement timelines. Schedule blocks in Epic/MiChart and the RTS/RST Outlook schedule as needed.
- Enter order, product, HCPC coding, pricing, and manufacturer information into the computer system.
- Verify insurance coverage, eligibility and benefit information. Obtain referrals as required by insurance. Explain coverage and co-pays to the patient or referral sources as appropriate.
- Pre-qualify the patient for their equipment based on patients’ insurance guidelines.
- Complete patient demographics and appropriate ICD9/10 codes in computer system.
- Process Rx for Physician signature via method set by the department.
- Process orders per department guidelines.
- Participates in quality improvement or Lean project(s).
- Assists in department wide/new employee training.
- Associates degree or high school diploma and equivalent work experience
- 2-5 years of experience
- Ability to manage multiple functions simultaneously
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated proficiency with computer skills including keyboarding and Microsoft programs
- Bachelor’s degree
- Good working knowledge of medical terminology.
- Experience in working with health care professionals is preferred.
- 3 years’ experience in Complex Rehabilitation Technology is desired.
M - F, 8:30-5:00
2850 S. Industrial Suite 200, Ann Arbor
Michigan Medicine conducts background screening and pre-employment drug testing on job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent job offer and may use a third party administrator to conduct background screenings. Background screenings are performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Report Act.
Michigan Medicine improves the health of patients, populations and communities through excellence in education, patient care, community service, research and technology development, and through leadership activities in Michigan, nationally and internationally. Our mission is guided by our Strategic Principles and has three critical components; patient care, education and research that together enhance our contribution to society.
Job openings are posted for a minimum of seven calendar days. This job may be removed from posting boards and filled anytime after the minimum posting period has ended.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.