How to Apply
A cover letter is required for consideration for this position and should be attached as the first page of your resume. The cover letter should address your specific interest in the position and outline skills and experience that directly relate to this position.
As an anatomical dissector and multimedia creator for the Division of Anatomical Sciences, Department of Surgery, you will prepare anatomical specimens to be used for anatomical learning tools, such as atlas images, modules, and videos.
- With consultation with anatomy faculty, prepare, dissect, and photograph anatomical specimens to be used in various forms of multimedia
- Participate in a creative workgroup with a collegial atmosphere to develop electronic learning tools for learners with a diversity of backgrounds and educational experiences
- Assist anatomical curators in the maintenance of permanently preserved collections
- Potential teaching opportunities (first year medical and dental students, etc.)
- Bachelor's degree is required.
- 2-3 years of experience in a related field
- Previous human cadaveric dissection experience required
- Knowledge of human anatomy required
- Experience with photography and Photoshop desired
- Knowledge of videography and other design software desired
Full time, 12-month appointment, with possibility of extension, onsite at the University of Michigan Medical School.
This is a 1 year, term-limited appointment. At the end of the stated term, the appointment will terminate and will not be eligible for Reduction in Force (RIF) benefits.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.