How to Apply
A cover letter is required for consideration for this position and should be attached as the first page of your resume. The letter should address your specific interest in the position, outlining the skills and experiences that are directly relevant to the position. In order to be considered for this position you are required to both apply online via umjobs.org. Although the posting end date may indicate otherwise, this job may be filled and closed at any time after a posting duration of seven calendar days.
A physician-scientist in the Department of Internal Medicine, Division of General Medicine seeks a part-time, temporary Research Assistant. The Research Assistant will support the physician-scientist in conducting research projects and manuscript preparation This position is located at the NCRC campus. A flexible schedule is available, approximately 5 to 10 hours per week.
- Prepare scientific manuscripts (e.g., copy editing, proofreading, and creation of tables/figures and references)
- Assist with posters and PowerPoint slide preparation for talks
- Conduct literature searches and background research on current health policy topics
- Schedule and attend research team meetings as able
- Bachelor’s degree
- Current UM student seeking a Master's in Public Health (MPH, MS, or equivalent) or a Master's degree in a related field (e.g. Social Sciences, Biostatistics)
- Proficiency in the PC environment and with programs including MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Ability to communicate effectively in both verbal and written form
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Ability to prioritize tasks for meeting project deadlines
- Superb interpersonal skills
- Strong work ethic
Experience with SAS or Stata for simple analyses a plus
Michigan Medicine conducts background screening and pre-employment drug testing on job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent job offer and may use a third party administrator to conduct background screenings. Background screenings are performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Report Act.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.