Incoming call agent, answer incoming calls and provide exceptional customer service.
- Communicate effectively with the call center Lead regarding access issues, scheduling problems, or patient satisfaction issues. Will resolve routine patient questions and problems, and will refer more complex issues to Lead for resolution.
- Under the direction of the call center Lead this position will schedule new and return visits determining appropriate clinic and clinician based on location, fill-rate needs, diagnosis and patient request of specific location.
- Maintain and update appointment schedules based on change in availability of therapy staff. Determine existence of previous registration and obtain, verify and update insurance and demographic information with the patient in Cadence.
- High School diploma or equivalent education.
- 0-2 years of experience.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
- Ability to accurately handle multiple tasks while performing exceptional customer service.
- Ability to respond professionally with a high degree of empathy and multiple problem-solving strategies if customers are unhappy.
- Ability to identify high priority concerns and prioritize accordingly to provide a timely resolution.
- Strong attention to detail and collaborative problem solving skills.
- Ability and willingness to learn quickly and put to use new skills.
- Reliable and timely attendance.
- Knowledge of MiChart Cadence, and Outlook.
9:00 am - 5:30 pm, Monday - Friday.
University Hospital to start then will transition off site when the new call center is established.
University of Michigan Health System conducts background screening and pre-employment drug testing on job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent job offer and may use a third party administrator to conduct background screenings. Background screenings are performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Report Act.
The University of Michigan Health System improves the health of patients, populations and communities through excellence in education, patient care, community service, research and technology development, and through leadership activities in Michigan, nationally and internationally. Our mission is guided by our Strategic Principles and has three critical components; patient care, education and research that together enhance our contribution to society.
Job openings are posted for a minimum of seven calendar days. This job may be removed from posting boards and filled anytime after the minimum posting period has ended.