How to Apply
A cover letter is required for consideration for this position and should be attached as the first page of your resume. The cover letter should address your specific interest in the position and outline skills and experience that directly relate to this position.
The Executive Secretary will report directly to the Chief Financial Officer (CFO) for Michigan Medicine. This position will provide highly responsible, executive level support for the CFO. Responsibilities will include all administrative support, complex calendar management and professional representation of the CFO to colleagues at Michigan Medicine, as well as peers across the nation. The executive assistant will perform duties that require discretion, strong organizational skills, judgement, prioritization and planning.
- Coordinate and maintain CFO professional schedule/calendar, including travel preparations and itineraries and monthly CFO meeting lists; provide back-up to Finance department administrative assistant for management of Associate Chief Financial Officers’ (ACFOs) and Senior Finance Directors’ calendars.
- Perform advanced, diversified and confidential administrative and secretarial duties requiring broad and comprehensive experience, skill and knowledge of UMHS and the Michigan Medicine Finance organization, policies and procedures.
- Prepare and distribute correspondence, meeting minutes, memoranda, reports, etc. for CFO and ACFOs.
- Prepare and reconcile Concur expense reports and P-Card expenses for self and CFO, using M-Pathways Financials.
- Review and pre-approve Concur expense reports for CFO staff and submit reports to CFO for final approval.
- Process vendor payments in the M-Pathways procurement and financial system.
- Perform call and visitor management for CFO Office: answer, screen, and reroute incoming calls and visitors as appropriate and resolve routine and complex inquiries.
- Manage financial, patient billing and other inquiries to the CFO office.
- Track and provide follow-up for CFO projects on a timely basis.
- Compose, edit and maintain hard copy and electronic files/records of all CFO correspondence.
- Meet with CFO on a regular and ad hoc basis to exchange information, provide updates, and maintain CFO calendar and agenda.
- Coordinate, edit and assist with power point presentations and Word documents for CFO and other Finance staff, as requested by CFO.
- Assist with special projects as assigned by the CFO.
- Assist with HR and hiring procedures for positions that report directly to the CFO, including monthly timekeeping and annual performance reviews.
- Analyze, compare and evaluate various courses of action related to CFO office management; make independent decisions regarding various courses of action within the scope of this position.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Five to seven years of progressively responsible administrative support experience
- Experience interacting with executive level and/or other high level administrators
- Proficient in use of Microsoft Outlook, Excel, Word and PowerPoint or similar applications
- Proficient in use of technology tools for creating combined pdfs of meeting materials.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, including a professional demeanor, excellent knowledge of grammar and business correspondence; business writing sample(s) will be required for interviewees
- Excellent organizational and time management skills, including the ability to manage multiple projects.
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills.
- Ability to work independently and as a collaborative team member.
- Commitment to ongoing professional development
- Demonstrated ability to receive, document, transfer, and follow-up on sensitive calls
- Familiarity with timekeeping, payroll and the M-Pathways Human Resource Management System.
- Demonstrate existing comprehensive knowledge of the University of Michigan and Michigan Medicine organizational structure, culture, operations and procedures or the ability to quickly learn this information.
The mission of Michigan Medicine is to improve the health of patients, populations, and communities through excellence in education, patient care, community service, research, and technology development, and through leadership activities in Michigan, nationally, and internationally. With annual revenues of approximately $3 billion, Michigan Medicine ranks as one of the top academic health centers in the country, and is committed to providing exceptional patient care, facilitating groundbreaking research and developing the next generation of physicians and scientists. Michigan Medicine consists of the Hospitals, Health Centers and Clinics, the University of Michigan Medical School and its Medical Group, and the Michigan Health Corporation.
Michigan Medicine conducts background screening and pre-employment drug testing on job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent job offer and may use a third party administrator to conduct background screenings. Background screenings are performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Report Act.
Job openings are posted for a minimum of seven calendar days. This job may be removed from posting boards and filled anytime after the minimum posting period has ended.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.