The Northville Health Center is an Ambulatory Care facility dedicated to providing high quality health care services for adults and children. The 2-story facility is located at the corner of 7 Mile and Haggerty in Northville Township. We are actively seeking compassionate, enthusiastic, and patient-oriented individuals who will share in the goal of creating the ideal experience for our patients, families and employees.
To assist with the delivery of direct patient care and support operational functions in the Medical Procedures unit.
- Escort patients to prep bay from front waiting room
- Secure driver for procedure
- Verify bowel prep taken for colonoscopy
- Verify NPT per guidelines
- Direct patient to change into gown and place belongings in belongings bag
- Provide warm blanket and cover patient if patient responds positively to need
- Work with nurse to prepare patient for endoscopy procedure
- Place EKG leads and blood pressure cuff on patient
- Take patient temperature and communicate result to nurse
- Demonstrate flow efficiency principles in role by anticipating needs of nursing staff
- Prepare IV bags and maintain appropriate amount based on patient census
- Stock prep area cart and drawers
- Stock blanket warmer
- Load patients into procedure room via stretcher
- Attach EKG leads and blood pressure cuff to monitor
- Escort patient driver from front waiting room to recovery room as directed by nurse
- Assist patients via ambulatory or wheelchair out to car
- Remove intravenous access as directed by nurse
- Provide beverages and or cookies/crackers to patients as directed by nurse
- Clean dirty stretchers
- Cover stretchers with clean linen packs
- Move clean stretchers to prep/holding area
- Prepare stretcher packs
- Stock patient nourishment area refrigerator
- Make patient pre-procedure calls under nursing supervision as outlined in endoscopic procedure script
- Stock recovery room cart and drawers
- High school diploma required
- 2 - 3 years patient care experience
- Communication/Interpersonal skills
University of Michigan Health System conducts background screening and pre-employment drug testing on job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent job offer and may use a third party administrator to conduct background screenings. Background screenings are performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Report Act.
The University of Michigan Health System improves the health of patients, populations and communities through excellence in education, patient care, community service, research and technology development, and through leadership activities in Michigan, nationally and internationally. Our mission is guided by our Strategic Principles and has three critical components; patient care, education and research that together enhance our contribution to society.