Call Center position, within the department of Patient Food and Nutrition Services, that is dedicated to supporting patients, departmental staff members and allied health professionals. This position is responsible for reinforcing a positive image of the Michigan Medicine to all customers. They use information systems and customer service skills to facilitate customer interactions such that the customer experiences the Michigan Medicine as an accessible, coordinated and seamless entity
- Responds to high volume of room service patient telephone requests; enters selections into CBORD software program
- Visit patients who may not be able to communicate via telephone as well as those whose diet order requires additional assistance. Obtain patient's meal selections for their prescribed diet order. Use a portable wireless computing device to enter selections into CBORD.
- Utilize CBORD and MiChart(Epic) computer systems to verify diet orders and allergy information.
- Resolves routines questions and problems, and refers more complex issus to higher levels.
- Enters outpatient billing information into computer software system.
- Performs general office tasks such as preparing copies and printing reports.
- Delivers menus and other food service related items to inpatient nursing units.
High school graduate. 0-2 years telephone-based customer service experience. Strong interpersonal and communication skills. Must exhibit a professional and positive image when interacting with patients, departmental staff members and allied health professionals. Willingness to be a team member with the ability to be flexible and adapt to a changing work environment. Competent using technology such as hand held computers, word processing, data entry, spreadsheets, and email. Must be able to maintain confidentiality with respect to patient information. Ability to reach over head, lift and carry 25 pounds and walk a considerable distance.
Associate's degree or equivalent combination of education and experience in the healthcare industry or dietetics. Demonstrated ability of strong problem-solving skills. Experience working with MiChart/Epic and CBORD software. Ability to work in a self-directed manner.
This posting is for the day and evening shift openings. Staff working this position can expect to work on weekends and holidays.
Michigan Medicine conducts background screening and pre-employment drug testing on job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent job offer and may use a third party administrator to conduct background screenings. Background screenings are performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Report Act.
Michigan Medicine improves the health of patients, populations and communities through excellence in education, patient care, community service, research and technology development, and through leadership activities in Michigan, nationally and internationally. Our mission is guided by our Strategic Principles and has three critical components; patient care, education and research that together enhance our contribution to society.
Job openings are posted for a minimum of seven calendar days. This job may be removed from posting boards and filled anytime after the minimum posting period has ended.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.