***This position is best suited for current UM-Dearborn work study recipients,
undergraduate, and graduate students***
The University of Michigan-Dearborn College of Education, Health, and Human Services (CEHHS) has an exciting part-time temporary opportunity available for a person with great initiative, flexibility and professionalism to work as an Office Assistant. This position will rotate between the Dean's Office, Office of Student Success, science labs, and the Curriculum Knowledge Center, providing an opportunity to learn new skills and improve existing skills. The Office Assistant will be responsible for supporting faculty and staff, including but not limited to:
· Answer, screen, and direct telephone calls from students, staff, faculty, and the public and responding to general inquiries
· Smile, welcome and provide direction to students, faculty, staff, and guests
· Prepare and distribute incoming and outgoing mail, maintain copy machines, files, and correspondence
· Assist with departmental and College wide special events
· Assist with projects and presentation preparation
Hourly rate is commensurate with experience and is between $8.90-$10.00 per hour.
A cover letter is required for consideration and must be attached as page one of your resume document. Your letter should address your specific interest in the position, outline skills and experience that directly relate to this position, and specify days and times available to work.
This position requires enthusiastic customer service skills, confidentiality, dependability, professional office etiquette and dress, excellent communication skills (both verbal and written), ability to set priorities and organize, strong attention to detail, and possess in-depth working knowledge of Word, Excel, and Power Point. Previous office work and/or customer service experience.
Accounting and business courses desirable.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.