How to Apply
This is an Advanced Practice Professional (APP) job opening.
Both qualified NP and PA applicants will be considered.
NPs are directed to apply to job # 146913 and PAs are directed to apply to job # 146914
A total of one (1), 1.0 FTE Advanced Practice Professional (either NP or PA) will be hired to fill this job opening.
- Advanced Practice Professional responsibilities in the care of gynecologic oncology cancer patients under a collaborative agreement with designated primary physicians in gynecologic oncology, participation with the multidisciplinary team caring for newly diagnosed and recurrent gynecologic oncology patients, and potentialing managing benign gynecologic problems in an independent mid-level provider run clinic.
- Direct care and management in the gynecologic oncology setting would include: initiation of evaluation, admission and outpatient care of patients, patient and family education, counseling and support, collaboration with and referrals to other health care providers, and provision of education to nursing staff, students, and the community.
- Review laboratory, pathology and radiographic tests results and interface with medical staff and patients regarding test results and plan of care.
- Perform and document via dictation medical histories, physical exams, and telephone conversations.
- Contribute to the development, modification and interpretation of the gynecologic oncology guidelines, policies, and procedures, including quality assurance activities.
- Participate in clinical and translational gynecologic cancer research.
- Assist in management of patients participating in a clinical trial
- Collaborate and serve as a resource for the health care team members regarding the mission of the institution.
- Work collaboratively with NP/PA colleagues in the provision of care for this patient population including covering for colleagues as needed.
- Attend conferences and continuing education/staff development programs to maintain knowledge of current literature.
NOTE: This position is also posted in the Nursing job family under number 146913 for NPs to apply.
Roles and responsibilities may be periodically adjusted as determined by the needs of the Cancer Center Clinical Program.
- Current licensure to practice as a Registered Nurse and Nurse Practitioner specialty certification in the State of Michigan.
- Current specialty certification (not license) to practice as an Adult/Gerontology Acute Care Nurse Practitioner or Adult primary care Nurse Practitioner in the State of Michigan is preferred. Family nurse Practitioner will be considered.
- Graduate of an accredited Nurse Practitioner program.
- Certification as a Nurse Practitioner recognized by the National Council of State Boards of Nursing (NCSBN).
- Current license to practice as a Physician Assistant in the State of Michigan.
- Certification by the National Commission on Certification for Physician Assistants (NCCPA)
- Satisfactory completion of a Physician Assistant program accredited by Accreditation Review Commission on Education for the Physician Assistant (ARC-PA) or one of its predecessor agencies, CAHEA or CAAHEP.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills as measured by references and interviews.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively in a team environment.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
NOTE: *employment is contingent upon successful completion of the credentialing and privileging process.
*Required qualifications must be met by the candidate in order to be interviewed and considered for the position.
RESUME REQUIRED (for both internal & external applicants):
You must attach a complete and accurate resume to be fully considered for this position.
- 1-2 years clinical experience in gynecologic oncology.
- 1-2 years of clinical experience working in general gynecology
- One or more years of NP/PA clinical experience.
- Progressive expertise in the management of patients at the Advanced Practice level.
- Outstanding interpersonal and communication skills demonstrated by previous employment references.
- Commitment to clinical and translational research.
- The ability to function independently.
- Demonstrated leadership in work setting and other professional activities.
- Experience in the University of Michigan Health System.
Michigan Medicine conducts background screening and pre-employment drug testing on job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent job offer and may use a third party administrator to conduct background screenings. Background screenings are performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Report Act.
Under Michigan law, a criminal history check including fingerprinting is required as a condition of transfer or employment for this position.
If you have questions regarding this posting or would like assistance with Physician Assistant opportunities please contact Nurse and Physician Assistant Recruitment at (734) 936-5183 or e-mail UMHS_PArecruit@med.umich.edu. For a current listing of all open PA job opportunities at Michigan Medicine, please visit www.UMHSpa.org.
Michigan Medicine improves the health of patients, populations and communities through excellence in education, patient care, community service, research and technology development, and through leadership activities in Michigan, nationally and internationally. Our mission is guided by our Strategic Principles and has three critical components; patient care, education and research that together enhance our contribution to society.
Job openings are posted for a minimum of seven calendar days. This job may be removed from posting boards and filled anytime after the minimum posting period has ended.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.