Livonia Family Medicine is the newest Ambulatory Care facility dedicated to providing high quality health care services for adults and children. The Livonia Clinic has been part of the community for many years. We are growing rapidly and are actively seeking Medical Assistant(s) who are compassionate, enthusiastic, self-starter, and patient-oriented individuals who will share in the goal of creating the ideal experience for our patients, families and staff.
To be considered for this position, a cover letter is required and should be attached as the first page with your resume. The cover letter should address each of the following points:
- Describe your experience and why you believe you would be a good fit for this position at the Livonia Health Center.
- Outline your customer service experiences which would be applicable to this position.
- Describe why you choose a career in the healthcare field.
Work with Family Medicine care teams in a fast paced outpatient setting. Provide exceptional customer service based on UMHS Service Excellence model to all patients and families by performing clinical processes that result in the management of efficient patient flow. Selected candidate must excel in patient intake, information gathering, direct patient care, data entry, patient preparation for procedures, medication administration, clinical support to providers, patient follow-up, and prescription management.
Other responsibilities include: taking vital signs, preparing and giving injections, EKGs, performing and or assisting simple diagnostic tests and procedures, collecting specimens, sterilization/cleaning of equipment, supply stocking, and maintenance of patient care areas. Operate and monitor patient care equipment; set up instruments/supplies in exam and treatment rooms and provide information to patients as directed. Perform patient care administrative tasks as needed.
- Graduation from a medical assistant program, or equivalent combination of education and 1-3 years of experience.
- Individual must exhibit a professional and positive image when interacting with patients, faculty and staff.
- Must adhere to a high standard of personal and professional conduct; possess excellent customer service, interpersonal, and communication skills; and demonstrate ability to interact with a diverse population.
- Candidates must be able to work effectively with a multidisciplinary team, handling multiple responsibilities in a fast paced environment.
- Candidate must demonstrate problem solving skills, proficient computer and keyboarding skills, and excellent attendance.
- High school diploma or GED.
- Knowledge of basic medical terminology.
- Moderate standing/walking, as well as, lifting, positioning, pushing and/or transferring patients.
- Demonstrated actively listening, written, verbal, and information techology skills.
- Certified or Registered Medical Assistant
- Recent experience within a Family Medicine/Primary Care Clinic
- Recent experience with Michigan Medicine's electronic medical record systems.
- Recent experience with Pediatric Patients
- Immunization Experience
- Knowledge of University policies and procedure
- Experiene working within a large, complex healthcare settign.
- **Bilingual in Japanese and English- preferred
Monday- Friday Day shift with some evening shifts and rotating Saturdays.
Livonia Health Center- 20321 Farmington Road, Livonia, MI
This position may be underfilled at a lower classification depending on the qualifications of the selected candidate.
University of Michigan Health System conducts background screening and pre-employment drug testing on job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent job offer and may use a third party administrator to conduct background screenings. Background screenings are performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Report Act.
The University of Michigan Health System improves the health of patients, populations and communities through excellence in education, patient care, community service, research and technology development, and through leadership activities in Michigan, nationally and internationally. Our mission is guided by our Strategic Principles and has three critical components; patient care, education and research that together enhance our contribution to society.
Job openings are posted for a minimum of seven calendar days. This job may be removed from posting boards and filled anytime after the minimum posting period has ended.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.