The University of Michigan Towsley Children's House has an opening for the position of Preschool Associate Teacher.
University Human Resources seeks to recruit and retain a diverse workforce as a reflection of our commitment to serve the diverse people of Michigan, to sustain the excellence of the university, and to offer our students richly varied disciplines, perspectives, and ways of knowing and learning.
- Provide developmentally appropriate early learning experiences and care for preschool aged children utilizing project approach principles
- Effectively manage groups of young children within state required ratios to ensure a safe and supportive environment
- Collaborate and co-participate with children, families, and colleagues to cultivate an environment of respectful and meaningful relationships
- Utilize technology to effectively document and reflect on the experiences of children for the purpose of assessment, planning, and family engagement
- Engage in respectful and meaningful dialogue with families and colleagues on a daily basis
- Participate fully and willingly in weekly team meetings and ongoing study and professional development
- Associates Degree in Early Childhood Education or Child Development or an equivalent combination of education and experience is necessary.
- Ability to move, hold and position oneself when interacting with children and objects up to 40 lbs.
- Ability to occasionally access/use equipment in classroom facilities. Must be able to interact and move around with children in such a way as to fully participate in classroom activities.
- Ability to supervise and interact with children outdoors for extended periods of varied weather conditions.
- Proficiency in the area of adapting the environment and activities to meet the needs of all children
- Strength in creating partnerships with children, families and colleagues
- Experience designing curriculum and/or familiarity with the project approach
Job openings are posted for a minimum of seven calendar days. This job may be removed from posting boards and filled anytime after the minimum posting period has ended.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.