- Develop work schedule for nursing and ancillary staff according to patient flow. Plan, assign and supervise the work of nursing and ancillary staff.
- Interview, select and hire nursing and ancillary staff.
- Council, coach, discipline and evaluate nurses and ancillary staff.
- Participate in development, implementation and revision of individual performance plans.
- Provide direct patient care in the UH PACU/satellite areas to patients and families utilizing the nursing process.
- Serve as a role model to other department staff in the provision of direct patient care.
- Participate in multidisciplinary and unit problem-solving regarding patient care.
Management of Clinical Areas:
- Participate in the development and implementation of UH PACU/satellite areas goals and objectives.
- Identify and plan for staffing consistent with the needs of the patient population and budgetary requirements.
- Participate in planning and problem-solving regarding patient triage, flow, priorities of patient services and urgent and emergent care.
- Interpret and implement the Hospital and University policies and procedures and the standard of regulatory agencies.
- Participate in the monitoring of department payroll and commodity budget planning process.
- Coordinate performance evaluation activities.
- Peer review for level C/D/E and ancillary staff
- Manager review
- Participate in hiring activities.
- Reference check
- Collaborate with Education Coordinators to implement competency-based evaluation.
- Participate in developing of UH PACU/satellite area's policy/procedure and standards of nursing care.
Quality Assurance and Research:
- Promote the integration of research findings into clinical practice by unit nursing staff.
- Promote self-involvement in clinical research, as applicable.
- Facilitate collective activity in professional organizations.
- Contribute professional clinical and management expertise to other health professionals, both formally and informally.
- Participate in professional organizations.
- Participate in activities to promote own continued learning and professional growth.
- Develop performance plan consistent with goals of UMHHC. Evaluate own performance periodically with department manager.
Nursing Specific Info
If you have questions regarding this posting or would like assistance with nursing opportunities please contact Nurse Recruitment at (734) 936-5183.
Required Educational Requirements:
* Bachelors of Science in Nursing OR
* Associates degree or diploma in Nursing and a Masters degree in Nursing.
- Minimum of five (5) years experience as a registered nurse.
- Minimum of three (3) years current clinical experience in PACU.
- Demonstrated effective interpersonal skills.
- Evidence of demonstrated or potential leadership ability, including charge nurse, team leader or other management experience.
- Excellent interpersonal and problem-solving skills.
- Evidence of ability to assess, interpret and analyze clinical information independently and collaboratively.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with administrators, physicians, peers and subordinates.
NOTE: Required qualifications must be met by the candidate in order to be interviewed and considered for the position.
RESUME REQUIRED (for both internal & external applicants):
You must attach a complete and accurate resume to be fully considered for this position
Demonstrated ability to work effectively with administrators, physicians, peers and subordinates.
- Supervisory experience
- CAPA/CPAN certifications
- Current ACLS
Michigan Medicine conducts background screening and pre-employment drug testing on job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent job offer and may use a third party administrator to conduct background screenings. Background screenings are performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Report Act.
Michigan Medicine improves the health of patients, populations and communities through excellence in education, patient care, community service, research and technology development, and through leadership activities in Michigan, nationally and internationally. Our mission is guided by our Strategic Principles and has three critical components; patient care, education and research that together enhance our contribution to society.
Job openings are posted for a minimum of seven calendar days. This job may be removed from posting boards and filled anytime after the minimum posting period has ended.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.