How to Apply
This is an Advanced Practice Professional (APP) job opening.
Both qualified NP and PA applicants will be considered.
NPs are directed to apply to job # 147052 and PAs are directed to apply to job # 147053
A total of one (1), 1.0 FTE Advanced Practice Professional (either NP or PA) will be hired to fill this job opening.
- Collaborate with physicians and team members for patients undergoing procedures.
- Perform procedures such as bone marrow aspiration/biopsy, lumbar puncture, skin punch biopsy, FNA, lumbar puncture and reservoir tap for diagnostic and therapeutic indications, including intrathecal chemotherapy administration.
- Perform sedation risk assessment and procedure specific physical examination
- Review pre-procedure laboratory and radiographic tests results and interface with faculty as needed.
- Participate in clinical and translational research related procedures.
- Serve as a liaison between the inpatient and outpatient settings and between staff to ensure continuity of care.
- Collaborate with hematology/oncology teams in planning, implementing and evaluating programs for increasing knowledge and skills.
- Participate in workshops and CME activities pertinent to benign and malignant hematology and oncology. Attendance at programmatic meetings at University of Michigan Cancer Center, and appropriate involvement in regional or national meetings.
NOTE: This position is also posted in the Physician Assistant job family under number 147053 for PAs to apply.
Roles and responsibilities may be periodically adjusted as determined by the needs of the Cancer Center Clinical Program.
Nursing Specific Info
Required qualifications must be met by the candidate in order to be interviewed and considered for the position. Applicants who have left the UMPNC bargaining unit must include on their resume dates of past employment including months and years of service along with effort. Positions less than 20 hours/week may be combined.
If you have questions regarding this posting or would like assistance with nursing opportunities please contact Nurse Recruitment at (734) 936-5183.
Nursing Specific Info
Employment is contingent upon successful completion of the credentialing and privileging process.
- Current licensure to practice as a Registered Nurse and Nurse Practitioner specialty certification in the State of Michigan.
- Current specialty certification to practice as an Adult/Gerontology Acute Care Nurse Practitioner in the State of Michigan is preferred. Adult Primary Care Nurse Practitioner and Family Nurse Practitioner specialty certification will be considered with proceduralist experience.
- Graduate of an accredited Nurse Practitioner program.
- Certification as a Nurse Practitioner recognized by the National Council of State Boards of Nursing (NCSBN).
- Current license to practice as a Physician Assistant in the State of Michigan.
- Certification by the National Commission on Certification for Physician Assistants (NCCPA)
- Satisfactory completion of a Physician Assistant program accredited by Accreditation Review Commission on Education for the Physician Assistant (ARC-PA) or one of its predecessor agencies, CAHEA or CAAHEP.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills as measured by references and interviews.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively in a team environment.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
*Required qualifications must be met by the candidate in order to be interviewed and considered for the position.
RESUME REQUIRED (for both internal & external applicants):
You must attach a complete and accurate resume to be fully considered for this position.
- One or more years’ experience as a proceduralist
- One or more years’ experience as a proceduralist specific to hematology/oncology procedures highly desired.
- Experience as an PA/NP in hematology/oncology
- Commitment to clinical and translational research.
- The ability to function independently.
- Demonstrated leadership in work setting and other professional activities.
- Experience in the University of Michigan Health System.
Michigan Medicine conducts background screening and pre-employment drug testing on job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent job offer and may use a third party administrator to conduct background screenings. Background screenings are performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Report Act.
Under Michigan law, a criminal history check including fingerprinting is required as a condition of transfer or employment for this position.
If you have questions regarding this posting or would like assistance with Advanced Practice Nursing opportunities please contact Nurse and Physician Assistant Recruitment at (734) 936-5183 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org. For a current listing of all open APRN job opportunities at Michigan Medicine, please visit www.UMnursing.org.
Michigan Medicine improves the health of patients, populations and communities through excellence in education, patient care, community service, research and technology development, and through leadership activities in Michigan, nationally and internationally. Our mission is guided by our Strategic Principles and has three critical components; patient care, education and research that together enhance our contribution to society.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.