How to Apply
A cover letter is required for consideration for this position and should be attached as the first page of your resume. The cover letter should address your specific interest in the position and outline skills and experience that directly relate to this position.
- Enter data accurately and timely into the designated computer databases, according to established procedures for processing all assigned types of applications for all student types.
- Receive and review applications and other documents submitted either electronically or on paper, for completeness, accuracy and admissibility according to established procedures.
- Correspond with admission staff and other university employees regarding applications and procedures.
- Compose and send email correspondence to applicants when information submitted on their application is missing, incomplete or requires clarification. Assist in general office reception, operations, and events.
- Utilize Image Now software to electronically image and link file documents to a student's electronic file and also filing the paper documents after imaging.
- Other duties as assigned.
High school diploma or equivalent. One to two years data entry or related experience. Demonstrated ability to work independently and exercise sound judgment. The ability to maintain high standards of personal conduct, which includes possessing the capacity to show respect for others, be a team player, and to relate to others in an open, respectful, and collegial way.
Prior professional experience in higher education, competency with Banner student information system, ImageNow imaging product. Bachelor's degree or equivalent level of education and experience.
The University of Michigan conducts background checks on all job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent offer and may use a third party administrator to conduct background checks. Background checks will be performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Reporting Act.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.