- Develop, implement and optimize technical protocols for Epigenomics Core.
- Conceptualize, design, and advise on research projects for diverse departments university-wide. Perform assays.
- Implement and monitor quality control procedures and consistency across experiments.
- Interface with co-investigators and collaborators to provide laboratory data, including format design and data systems.
- Track samples and optimize workflow.
- Assist in evaluating the purchase of new capital equipment, negotiating with vendors, and integrating new equipment.
- Ensure maintenance of large equipment.
- Maintain research project laboratory databases.
- Understand and perform basic molecular biology techniques, including polymerase chain reaction, nucleic acid extraction, and DNA sequencing.
- Teach laboratory methods, such as bisulfite treatment of DNA, antibody immunoprecipitation of epigenetic markers, Illumina next generation sequencing library preparation, and quality control, to students, postdoctoral fellows, and staff.
- Assist in preparing sponsored award budgets related to epigenomic experiments.
- Monitor and track laboratory expenditures and metrics.
- Supervise one Research Lab Tech. Sr.
Monday through Friday.
MSRB II, Ann Arbor
Michigan Medicine conducts background screening and pre-employment drug testing on job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent job offer and may use a third party administrator to conduct background screenings. Background screenings are performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Report Act.
Job openings are posted for a minimum of seven calendar days. This job may be removed from posting boards and filled anytime after the minimum posting period has ended.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.