How to Apply
A cover letter is required for consideration for this position and should be attached as the first page of your resume. The cover letter should address your specific interest in the position and outline skills and experience that directly relate to this position.
Under general supervision, has oversight for various system projects of a high complex nature. Responsible for assembling project team, assigning individual responsibilities, identifying appropriate resources needed and developing schedule to ensure timely completion of project. Must be familiar with the system scope and project objectives as well as the role and function of each team member to effectively coordinate the activities of the team. Communicates with Senior Project Manager and/or Functional Area Manager regarding status of specific projects. Employees in this classification typically analyze, compare and evaluate various courses of action and have the authority to make independent decisions on matters of significance, free from immediate direction, within the scope of their responsibilities. Primary activities and decision making authority are predominantly performed independently affecting business operations to a a substantial degree. Under FLSA this is the exempt job classification for this title. Incumbents in this position must meet the full criteria for exempt status, salary level, salary basis, and duties tests.
- Build respectful partnerships with all stakeholders providing top level IT consulting services.
- Facilitate the implementation and on-going maintenance of IT solutions
- Gain perspective of the needs and environment of stakeholders including business vision and drivers.
- Conducts project meetings and holds responsibility for project tracking and analysis.
- Manages IT project work with high level complexity.
- Defines project scope and objectives, develop detailed work plans, current state/future state workflow analysis, schedules, project estimates, resource plans and status reports.
- This includes Project Management, vendor selection, contract negotiations, implementations, enhancements and on-going delivery of robust software solutions in a complex healthcare environment.
- Recommends and takes action to direct analysis and problem solving
- Develops system documentation, training materials and may train others
- Analyze, compare and evaluate various courses of action resulting in the promotion of lean IT solutions for high quality output
- Utilizes previous clinical and operational IT implementation experiences to direct decision making and configuration.
- Ensures adherence to UMHS, HITS, and Project Management standard processes.
- Provide on-call support, as required
- Coordinates the life cycle of IT applications producing roadmaps and assisting with estimations
- Provides technical and analytical guidance to project team.
- Provides functional leadership to technologists and business systems analysts with multiple, simultaneous projects.
- Coach and Counsel employees for success
- Facilitation and coordination of Business Analysis Forum Meetings
- Assist in problem analysis and resolution
- Keeps abreast of technological developments and applications
- Provides Project Management activities to Clinical and Operational Applications department, as needed.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Healthcare Administration, Management, or Business Administration or equivalent degree in another field together with related experience.
- Experience managing customer relationships
- High level of diverse technical experience
- Business management, systems engineering, operations research
- Demonstrated project management skills
- Experience implementing IT healthcare solutions
- Solid and effective written, interpersonal, oral communication and presentation skills.
- Strong organizational skills with attention to detail
- Excellent analytic and problem-solving ability
- Experience with understanding and documenting workflows and clinical processes, as well as creating data-driven solutions to support these processes
- Ability to work effectively on a team
- Willingness and strong aptitude to learn new technologies and assume increasing responsibilities
- Ability to work in a dynamic environment and adjust to changing priorities processes, and project plans
- Familiarity with HIPAA and other healthcare information regulations and requirements.
- Five plus years of IT experience
- Five plus years of experience in requirements gathering and data analysis
- Five plus years of experience resolving complex issues involving multiple technologies and business areas
- Five plus years of Healthcare industry experience
- PMP Certification
Michigan Medicine conducts background screening and pre-employment drug testing on job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent job offer and may use a third party administrator to conduct background screenings. Background screenings are performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Report Act.
Job openings are posted for a minimum of seven calendar days. This job may be removed from posting boards and filled anytime after the minimum posting period has ended.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.