How to Apply
A cover letter is required for consideration for this position and should be attached as the first page of your resume. The cover letter should address your specific interest in the position and outline skills and experience that directly relate to this position.
ISD has an immediate opening for a temporary Student Recruitment Coordinator to work full-time through approximately November. This position will support the Academic Programs and Outreach team in student outreach, recruitment and retention efforts; in developing strategic partnerships with the University, industry, donors, and alumni; and in providing custom educational programs to clients.
Integrative Systems & Design (ISD) is a division in the College of Engineering offering interdisciplinary graduate level degrees for a student body composed of on campus and online students. ISD integrates the depth and breadth of intellectual resources of the College of Engineering and its academic departments, and of the University at large - including interactions with Art and Design; Business; Literature, Science and Arts; Medicine; and Public Policy - into uncommon educational opportunities.
ISD programs are offered on campus, as well as through collaborative learning environments in locations throughout the world. Its courses and degree programs blend the best of all these modes of learning. ISD is ranked among the top tier-one universities in the United States in best online engineering programs.
- Support the Academic Programs and Outreach team by helping to implement and administer student recruitment and retention plans for ISD programs, including continuing education courses
- Help execute marketing plans designed to increase visibility and effectively communicate information about the programs
- Assist in monitoring enrollment trends
Recruitment and Outreach:
- Support team with the planning, implementation, and development of content for marketing and recruiting campaigns to reach prospective students via multiple marketing channels, including email, ISD website, news articles, Adwords, social media, and print materials.
- Develop new plans for outreach initiatives
- Plan and assist with recruitment visits, information sessions, networking events, and meetings with faculty and prospective students to promote ISD programs
- Assist with the coordination of outreach activities, including writing newsletter and collaborating with the College of Engineering’s Communication and Marketing Department to raise awareness of ISD programs and services for alumni
- Attract prospective students/clients using specific knowledge about ISD programs
- Collect and manage prospective student and company sponsor database and nurture relationships
- Develop, maintain, and communicate the recruiting and outreach calendar to the ISD team
Collaboration and Partnering:
- Assist with the deployment of corporate outreach strategies to build a base of companies open to sending their employees to ISD academic programs, including certificate and continuing education programs, and also company sponsors for student internships, practicums, and projects
- Provide support for activities designed to cultivate relationships with internal and external constituents, including students, alumni, donors, and community leaders
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience
- At least one year of experience working in a higher education environment
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills and ability to influence, build and nurture collaborative working relationships with a diverse population of industry clients, students, staff, and faculty
- Ability to understand and interpret complex subject matter for recruiting and marketing activities, and proficiency in problem-solving
- Ability to work both independently and as a member of a dynamic team
- Must present a professional demeanor in all interactions with internal and external clients
- Strong organizational skills and ability to manage multiple projects, effective time management and project management skills
- Demonstrated attention to detail and accuracy
- One to two years of student recruiting, career counseling, or marketing experience
- Experience working in an online learning academic environment
- Demonstrated ability to develop relationships with a diverse group of constituents and be credible with people who have many years of experience in a variety of industries
- Ability to communicate effectively degree and professional program opportunities to a global audience, preferably gained through study, employment, or living abroad experiences
- Familiarity with University organizations, policies, and procedures
This job posting is for a University of Michigan Temporary position. Temporary employment may be full or part time, but in either case is limited in duration. Please review the full posting description for details.
Michigan Engineering’s vision is to be the world’s preeminent college of engineering serving the common good. This global outlook, leadership focus and service commitment permeate our culture. Our vision is supported by a mission and values that, together, provide the framework for all that we do. Information about our vision, mission and values can be found at: http://strategicvision.engin.umich.edu/.
The University of Michigan has a storied legacy of commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion (DEI). The Michigan Engineering component of the University’s comprehensive, five-year, DEI strategic plan—along with updates on our programs and resources dedicated to ensuring a welcoming, fair and inclusive environment—can be found at: http://www.engin.umich.edu/college/about/diversity.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.