Under general direction, provide general administrative support to department. Exercises considerable discretion and independent judgment and is capable of analyzing complex information requests and determining complex trends.
- Oversight of CCMB Seminar program, including preparation of schedules, travel arrangements for speaker, set up of refreshments and processing or related expenses.
- Coordinating arrangements for Journal Club, Bistro, DCM&B Faculty Meetings, Research-In-Progress Meetings, Tools & Tech., Lab meetings and other various meetings. This includes room reservations, catering, set-up and related expense reports.
- Process travel reimbursements and honorariums for DCM&B faculty, staff, students and visitors when need by using the UM Concur system. Process expense reports, travel reports and cash deposits.
- Provide support to the annual department retreat committee and coordinate annual holiday party.
- Provide back-up support for the main office and Administrative Assistant by answer the main phone line and direct calls to colleagues as appropriate; greet walk-ins, copy documents, retrieve, open, sort and distribute incoming mail and faxes; prepare outgoing mail; receive outside visitors; direct or escort visitors to their meeting destinations.
- Handle and confirm requests for room reservations using an electronic calendar and schedule larger group meetings by submitting room requests. Filing (paper and electronic) and oversight of shredding, prepare documents using word processing; excel spreadsheets, database, or PowerPoint.
- Coordinate and track intake forms for the visa immigration process and coordinating J1 and H1B visas. Handle onboarding process for staff, postdocs and temps as well as facilitate items on termination checklists.
- Assist Administrative Specialist with faculty as needed.
- Order office supplies, lab equipment/supplies and computers for faculty and staff when requested.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- At least 4 years of administrative and secretarial experience.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, customer service and interpersonal skills and an ability to interact with a wide variety of individuals.
- Ability to learn and work independently and in teams.
- Ability to set workload priorities, independently.
- Excellent organizational and multi-tasking skills.
- Demonstrated attention to details despite interruptions.
- Proficient in computer skills, including MS Word, MS Excel, Concur and electronic mail.
- Must be dependable, exercise initiative and use sound judgment.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Dependable attendance record.
Permanent hours 8:00AM-5:00PM
Michigan Medicine conducts background screening and pre-employment drug testing on job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent job offer and may use a third party administrator to conduct background screenings. Background screenings are performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Report Act.
Michigan Medicine improves the health of patients, populations and communities through excellence in education, patient care, community service, research and technology development, and through leadership activities in Michigan, nationally and internationally. Our mission is guided by our Strategic Principles and has three critical components; patient care, education and research that together enhance our contribution to society.
Job openings are posted for a minimum of seven calendar days. This job may be removed from posting boards and filled anytime after the minimum posting period has ended.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.