The West Ann Arbor Health Center – Parkland Plaza is the newest Ambulatory Care facility dedicated to providing high quality health care services for adults and children. The brand new 2-story facility is located 380 Parkland Plaza in Ann Arbor. We are actively seeking compassionate, enthusiastic, and patient-oriented individuals who will share in the goal of creating the ideal experience for our patients, families and employees.
To be considered for this position, a cover letter is required and should be attached as the first page with your resume. The cover letter should address each of the following points:
- Describe why you believe you would be a good fit for the Northville Health Center position.
- The selected candidate would be required to work with minimal supervision. Describe how your skills have prepared you for this role.
Provide inventory control support for the West Ann Arbor Health Center – Parkland Plaza by maintaining records of materials in inventory and on order. Track order status and forecast needs for future orders based on clinic usage and established product levels. Monitor inventory and initiate stock replenishment electronically when stock reaches designated reorder point. Reconcile discrepancies with orders placed and inventory received. Manage the loading dock and all incoming deliveries and distribute to the appropriate suites. Stock vendor deliveries in designated areas/supply rooms. Review expiration dates on all incoming inventory and rotate stock accordingly. Report and resolve inaccurate and damaged inventory to appropriate vendors and to internal customers.
Selected individual will work under minimal supervision.
- High School diploma or equivalent is necessary.
- 0 -2 years of experience in a similar position.
- Must be able to meet the physical demands of the position.
- Must be proficient in excel, inventory and database software
- Individual must exhibit a professional and positive image when interacting with patients, faculty and staff.
- Must adhere to a high standard of personal and professional conduct; possess excellent customer service, interpersonal, and communication skills; and demonstrated ability to interact with a diverse population.
- Candidates must be able to work effectively and handle multiple responsibilities in a fast-paced environment.
- Candidate must demonstrate problem solving skills, proficient computer and keyboarding skills, and possess a demonstrated record of excellent attendance.
- Associate Degree
- Previous experience in Inventory Management within a medical facility/setting
- Knowledge of University Policies and Procedures
Michigan Medicine conducts background screening and pre-employment drug testing on job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent job offer and may use a third party administrator to conduct background screenings. Background screenings are performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Report Act.
Michigan Medicine improves the health of patients, populations and communities through excellence in education, patient care, community service, research and technology development, and through leadership activities in Michigan, nationally and internationally. Our mission is guided by our Strategic Principles and has three critical components; patient care, education and research that together enhance our contribution to society.
Job openings are posted for a minimum of seven calendar days. This job may be removed from posting boards and filled anytime after the minimum posting period has ended.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.