How to Apply
A cover letter is required for consideration for this position and should be attached as the first page of your resume. The cover letter should address your specific interest in the position and outline skills and experience that directly relate to this position.
- Provide excellent customer service by answering phones, coordinating deliveries and provide assistance to employees, customers and vendors.
- Review authorized work orders from the Facilities Service Center for accuracy and completeness and assigning to correct shop for scheduling of work. Follow up to ensure charges are completed accurately and work order is closed out in timely manner.
- Review time keeping and ensure work orders and work codes are being charged appropriately. Create corrections as necessary.
- Update extensive spreadsheets and customer reports, analyzing for trends.
- Provide backup for procurement functions including creating purchase orders and processing invoices.
- Manage contracts as assigned.
- Demonstrated proficient use of Excel and Access.
- High level of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Experience using purchasing systems including the material ordering process.
- Ability to manage multiple job tasks in fast paced service environment.
- Ability to effectively identify and analyze trends and communicate to business manager and managers.
- Experience creating purchase orders and processing invoices.
- Ability to thrive while providing excellent customer service in an open office environment.
- Possess positive attitude, collaborative and professional work ethic and work within a diverse group
- Must have a high school diploma.
- Experience and enthusiasm to take initiative and learn new skills.
- Continuous improvement experience.
- Previous experience working in finance and accounting role.
- Experience creating Pivot Tables.
- Associates or Bachelor's Degree
Monday-Friday 7 a.m.- 3:30 p.m.
This position may be underfilled at a lower classification depending on the qualifications of the selected candidate.
The mission of the University of Michigan is to serve the people of Michigan and the world through preeminence in creating, communicating, preserving and applying knowledge, art, and academic values, and in developing leaders and citizens who will challenge the present and enrich the future. The University of Michigan is committed to foster learning, creativity and productivity, and to support the vigorous exchange of ideas and information, not only in the classroom but in the workplace by:
- Creating a work environment in which people treat each other with respect and dignity, regardless of roles, responsibilities or differences.
- Providing support, direction and resources enabling us to accomplish the responsibilities of our jobs and to reach the goals that are set for professional and personal growth.
Facilities and Operations seeks to recruit and retain a diverse workforce as a reflection of our commitment to serve the diverse people of Michigan, to sustain the excellence of the university, and to offer our students' richly varied disciplines, perspectives and ways of knowing and learning.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.