How to Apply
A cover letter is required for consideration for this position and should be attached as the first page of your resume. The cover letter should address your specific interest in the position and outline skills and experience that directly relate to this position.
Integrative Systems & Design (ISD) is a division in the College of Engineering that offers educational programs on campus, online, as well as through collaborative learning environments in locations throughout the world. ISD offers a broad array of interdisciplinary technical graduate degrees, professional certificates, short courses, and custom programs that are taught by faculty from across campus along with professors of practice and experts from industry.
ISD has an immediate opening for a long-term temporary Marketing and Office Assistant to work full-time Monday thru Friday.
Conference & Event Coordination
- Help with setup and preparation for various courses, events, client visits, and meetings
- Assist with preparation and follow-up for public and custom non-credit courses, including assembling name badges, sign-in sheets, and certificates
- Coordinate registration and material preparation/shipping for conferences, grad school fairs, and other events
- Provide non-credit program coverage when needed
- Make non-credit program "dine-out" reservations; update as needed based on participant sign-up sheet
Marketing Content & Research
- In accordance with editorial calendar, create ISD News stories and digital content for website, social media, and email marketing
- Assist with the proofing of marketing content/materials
- Research potential markets for new courses; support competitive analysis and benchmarking initiatives
- Help maintain email marketing distribution lists, including uploading new contacts and removing inactive subscribers
Marketing Materials and Office Supplies
Manage inventory of materials and supplies in stock and order as necessary
- Associate degree
- At least one year of experience in the marketing field
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work both independently and as a member of a dynamic team
- Strong organizational skills and ability to prioritize
- Demonstrated attention to detail and accuracy
- Demonstrated reporting, analytical, and writing skills
- Proficient in Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
This job posting is for a University of Michigan Temporary position. Temporary employment may be full or part time, but in either case is limited in duration. Please review the full posting description for details.
Michigan Engineering’s vision is to be the world’s preeminent college of engineering serving the common good. This global outlook, leadership focus and service commitment permeate our culture. Our vision is supported by a mission and values that, together, provide the framework for all that we do. Information about our vision, mission and values can be found at: http://strategicvision.engin.umich.edu/.
The University of Michigan has a storied legacy of commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion (DEI). The Michigan Engineering component of the University’s comprehensive, five-year, DEI strategic plan—along with updates on our programs and resources dedicated to ensuring a welcoming, fair and inclusive environment—can be found at: http://www.engin.umich.edu/college/about/diversity.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.