How to Apply
We, the staff and faculty of the U-M Cardiovascular Center (CVC) team, are committed to advancing medicine and serving humanity through living and teaching our core values of Respect and Compassion; Collaboration; Innovation; and Commitment to Excellence. Each CVC employee is expected to understand and demonstrate that in every interaction we represent our entire organization in the care we provide and in the courtesies we extend to patients, families, and each respective team member. The CVC is dedicated to partnering with patients and families to deliver the safest and highest quality of health care. Applicants are expected to review the following PowerPoint presentation which provides an overview of the Cardiovascular Centers philosophy and culture:
To provide comprehensive professional nursing support in multidisciplinary vascular surgery clinic. Coordinate care and follow-up for patients with complex vascular disorders across the care continuum. Provide expert nurse instruction and consultation to members of the health care team. Identify gaps and needs of the patient population and seek to implement interventions to improve patient outcomes. Develop partnerships with other clinical programs to standardize patient care processes. Facilitate and maintain quality improvement / LEAN activities in the FCVC clinic. Provide education and orientation for preoperative patients and families seen in clinic and as inpatients.
This position will include offsite travel.
Nursing Specific Info
Required qualifications must be met by the candidate in order to be interviewed and considered for the position. Posting may be filled after the initial 5-day posting period. Applicants who have left the UMPNC bargaining unit must include on their resume dates of past employment including months and years of service along with effort. Positions less than 20 hours/week may be combined. If you have questions regarding this posting or would like assistance with nursing opportunities please contact Nurse Recruitment at (734) 936-5183.
Nursing Specific Info
Salary & Nursing Framework Level:
This UMPNC RN posting is posted under the Role-Specific Advancement Model (RSAM) as:
Actual RSAM LEVEL and salary will be determined at time of hire.
RSAM levels range from ENC-COMPETENT to ENC-EXPERT TO ENC-MASTERY.
- Current licensure as a Registered Nurse in the State of Michigan.
- Bachelors of Science in Nursing
- Previous experience caring for patients with complex cardiovascular disease within the last five years.
- Demonstrated excellent critical thinking and problem solving skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively with and positively contribute to a team approach to patient care, willingness to flex and cover colleagues.
- Previous experience with quality improvement / LEAN projects.
- Demonstrated high standards of personal and professional conduct and attendance as evidenced by interviews, references, and performance evaluations.
- Demonstrated high level of self-motivation to learn and stay current in the treatment of complex vascular disease.
- Must demonstrate high level of self-direction and flexibility.
- Must demonstrate expert communication, organization and prioritization skills.
- ACLS, if none, must be acquired within 6 months of hire date.
Required qualifications must be met by the candidate in order to be interviewed and considered for the position.
RESUME REQUIRED (for both internal & external applicants):
You must attach a complete and accurate resume to be fully considered for this position.
- Recent ambulatory care experience including telephones triage, (within the last 2 years)
- Demonstrated expert knowledge of the adult vascular system.
- Previous experience in clinical care coordinator role.
- Previous experience in working from and developing evidence-based clinical protocols.
- Previous participation in research is desired.
Shift: Day Shift, (4) 10 hour shifts, Monday- Friday, days will vary
Location: Cardiovascular Center- CVC and offsite clinics.
Michigan Medicine conducts background screening and pre-employment drug testing on job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent job offer and may use a third party administrator to conduct background screenings. Background screenings are performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Report Act.
Michigan Medicine improves the health of patients, populations and communities through excellence in education, patient care, community service, research and technology development, and through leadership activities in Michigan, nationally and internationally. Our mission is guided by our Strategic Principles and has three critical components; patient care, education and research that together enhance our contribution to society.