The Department of Radiology includes over 1100 staff, and 120 Faculty with contributions to the Clinical, Research and Education missions. Each Faculty member is supported by an Administrative Assistant, responsible for day to day administrative tasks including communications support, logistics, meeting coordination, scheduling, and other tasks. The Supervisor will oversee a team of 15-20 Administrative Assistants. The individual selected for this role will provide each member with daily support, training and professional development opportunities, ensures coverage plans and customer service, develops and deploys tools to support a lean workflow, and general supervisory support. The Supervisor has a dual reporting responsibility – with a direct reporting line to the Chief Department Administrator for day to day operations, and to the Radiology Faculty as a service unit within the department.
- Collaborate with radiology faculty to develop effective relationships to facilitate positive communication and partnership in meeting faculty administrative support needs.
- Plan and direct the work of the Administrative Assistants including; assisting in prioritizing work and departmental resources, as necessary.
- Conduct ongoing evaluation of Administrative Assistants work quality, productivity, and efficiency, and provides ongoing educational and continuing education opportunities.
- Assume responsibility for HR activities associated with the faculty Administrative Assistants including hiring, conducting employee orientation, providing ongoing feedback, performing annual performance evaluations, guiding professional development goals, and conducting employee discipline or performance improvement as required.
- Perform ongoing evaluation and management of Administrative Assistant workload, with adjustments made, as necessary.
- Obtain regular feedback on job-related issues from Administrative Assistants and respond to this feedback, as needed.
- Revise and maintain Departmental office conduct policies in collaboration with the Chief Department Administrator and Faculty Leadership.
- A Bachelor’s Degree and professional experience with prior management, supervisory or team leader experience is required.
- Must be able to multitask and work independently. Must demonstrate servant leadership qualities, with a passion and focus on customer service, communication and teambuilding. Must have superior organizational skills, attention to detail, and excellent written and verbal communication skills. Experience in and understanding of office operations and performing office duties is necessary. Excellent knowledge and experience with Microsoft software is required.
- Supervision received:
- Supervision will be received by the Chief Department Administrator.
- Supervision exercised:
- The selected individual will perform functional and administrative supervision of the Administrative Assistants.
Michigan Medicine conducts background screening and pre-employment drug testing on job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent job offer and may use a third party administrator to conduct background screenings. Background screenings are performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Report Act.
Michigan Medicine improves the health of patients, populations and communities through excellence in education, patient care, community service, research and technology development, and through leadership activities in Michigan, nationally and internationally. Our mission is guided by our Strategic Principles and has three critical components; patient care, education and research that together enhance our contribution to society.
Job openings are posted for a minimum of seven calendar days. This job may be removed from posting boards and filled anytime after the minimum posting period has ended.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.