The Comprehensive Wound Care Clinic is located at Domino’s Farms. The patient population is complex with generally high-acuity. Many patients are wheel-chair bound. Care is individualized and specialized. The Clinic patient satisfaction scores are consistently in the 94-96th percentile. The Wound Care Clinic patients are seen routinely, therefore, the Medical Assistant performs duties and works to build respectful relationships with patients and their caregivers. This is a 10 hour per day, 4 day per week position.
The Physical Therapy/Occupational Therapy MA provides assistance to the provider and supports patients where needed. Efficiently and effectively prepares and organizes clinic exam rooms with appropriate equipment and supplies. Obtains and records accurate intake information. Assists the provider during the patient visit that could include routine or sterile procedures, wound debridement, pulsatile lavage, casting and complex dressing changes. Performs assignments such as opening and closing processes, supply inventory, and stocking rooms. Performs general PT/OT clerical support services (paperwork) approximately 25% of the time. Able to collaborate with other team members to ensure optimal patient care.
- Good attendance.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Willingness to work together with a multidisciplinary staff to achieve exceptional patient care.
- Responds positively to change, showing willingness to learn new ways to accomplish work.
- Communicates effectively in ways that enhance productivity and build respectful relationships.
- Demonstrates active listening, written, verbal, and information technology skills.
- Seeks constructive approaches to resolving workplace issues.
- Adheres to high standards of personal and professional conduct.
- Contributes to a safe and secure environment for patients, visitors, faculty, and staff by following established procedures and protocols as appropriate by job function.
- Adopts practices to improve work processes, enhance customer satisfaction and ensure excellence in daily work.
- Moderate standing/walking, as well as lifting, positioning, pushing and/or transferring of patients.
- Maintains current competencies and mandatory training.
- Attends mandatory clinic and hospital training programs.
- Actively participates in clinic and/or staff meetings. Knowledge of both Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Relates work and job purpose to UMHHC mission and commitment to putting patients and families first.
- Fosters mutual respect and supports UMHS commitment to diversity.
- Promotes community building and diversity initiatives that help employees learn and respect each other’s difference.
- High School Diploma or GED
- Graduation from a Medical Assistant program or an equivalent combination of educations and 0-1 years of experience
- Knowledge of basic medical terminology.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and the ability to work well within a team setting.
- Ability to use a patient lift.
- 1 year or more MA experience in Ambulatory Care.
- Experience with MiChart Ambulatory processes.
- Experience working within a large, complex healthcare setting.
- Certication as a medical assistant.
- Knowledge of university policies & procedures.
Licensure & Certification
Graduation from a Certified Medical Assistant Program
10 Hour shifts. Mon-Friday. 4 days per week. Day off is rotated. Must have ability to flex hours based on department need. Staff hours between 7:15 – 7:00 PM, 10 hour shift plus a 30-minute lunch.
Lobby M, Suite 2800
Ann Arbor, MI
University of Michigan Health System conducts background screening and pre-employment drug testing on job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent job offer and may use a third party administrator to conduct background screenings. Background screenings are performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Report Act.
The University of Michigan Health System improves the health of patients, populations and communities through excellence in education, patient care, community service, research and technology development, and through leadership activities in Michigan, nationally and internationally. Our mission is guided by our Strategic Principles and has three critical components; patient care, education and research that together enhance our contribution to society.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.