How to Apply
To apply for this position, you must submit a cover letter and resume. Your cover letter should address your specific interest in the position, outline your related experience/skills, and specify what days and times you are available to work. You may contact the Office of Student Success by email at StudentSuccess@umich.edu, or by phone at 313 593-5063.
The University of Michigan-Dearborn Office of Student Success is seeking energetic,
hardworking students to serve in the position of Student Program Assistant.
The Office of Student Success is dedicated to helping students succeed. The Office works to
inspire, motivate, and support students through: success coaching, inclusive programming to
support and celebrate all students, and outreach to Southeast Michigan to support college
access and success efforts.
To learn more about the office, visit: umdearborn.edu/Success.
As a paraprofessional member of the Student Success team, Student Program Assistants will support office initiatives, such as program offerings and Scholar Communities. The role will provide Student Program Assistants the opportunity to learn new skills and enhance existing ones.
Position Responsibilities Include:
• Manage the Office’s front desk, assisting all office clients, and serving as an initial contact for referral to appropriate campus resources
• Support Student Success initiatives through call campaigns, tabling, creating and passing out flyers, and assisting with the Office’s social media accounts
• Assist Office professional staff with programming through brainstorming, proposing ideas, and supporting program facilitation
• Ensure office mail is distributed, copy machines are operational, and the back room is neat and clean - notifying supervisor when items are running low
• Other opportunities as assigned/needed
Currently enrolled student at UM-Dearborn, ability to keep information confidential, and a desire to learn.
Strong customer service, dependability, and communication; ability to work in a team, and to set priorities and remain organized.